• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer too loud!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would either get quieter fans or switch to watercooling.... if you want to leave the fans in and don't want to go out and get 6 more quiet fans then I would get sound dampenning mats. "Asakusa," or something like that (sound/vibration absorption mats) can also be bought at www.bestbyte.net! good luck! :)

cheap mousmats as sound dampeners sounds like a viable and simple option- with 9 fans, maybe you should put some rubber washers/gromets between your screws and your case- this reduces vibrations and some people think it could take a few DBa off your overall noise- you just need to find a place that sells them small enough for case fans.

yeah. mine has 3 fans total. hehe. the little p.o.s on my gf4 mx (which i think is dieing BTW), a 92mm on my volcano and 1 80mm exaust fan. thats it hehe. check out my sig

hey james... did u include your PSU fan?? ive only got 4fans inside my case and its dead quiet- but my PSU is REALLY noisy when it gets too hot- maybe i should keep it at a lower setting but i dont know how (and dont really care)

T.Toy said:
hey james... did u include your PSU fan?? ive only got 4fans inside my case and its dead quiet- but my PSU is REALLY noisy when it gets too hot- maybe i should keep it at a lower setting but i dont know how (and dont really care)

oh yeah good point. hehe. make that four fans lol. my ps is quite quiet though so i dont really notice that one

Back