• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Constant problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subshot14

Registered
Hi forum, I recently got the security shield rogue virus thing on my computer and was able to get rid of it using malwarebytes anti malware software. However I am still getting one particular infected file that always appears on my computer when I connect to the internet. It is a Trojan.Dropper.BCMiner and always is located at C:\Windows\Installer\{ee00421d-2bc6-1422-5883-60754149cddd}\U\00000008.@ This brings up popup windows while browsing the internet. Is there any way to stop this file from gettitng placed on my computer every time i connect to the internet?

Hi forum, I recently got the security shield rogue virus thing on my computer and was able to get rid of it using malwarebytes anti malware software. However I am still getting one particular infected file that always appears on my computer when I connect to the internet. It is a Trojan.Dropper.BCMiner and always is located at C:\Windows\Installer\{ee00421d-2bc6-1422-5883-60754149cddd}\U\00000008.@ This brings up popup windows while browsing the internet. Is there any way to stop this file from gettitng placed on my computer every time i connect to the internet?

Have you tried deleting the directory at C:\Windows\Installer\{ee00421d-2bc6-1422-5883-60754149cddd}?

Have you tried deleting the directory at C:\Windows\Installer\{ee00421d-2bc6-1422-5883-60754149cddd}?

I delete the file using malwarebytes but it always pops back up every time I restart my computer when its connected to the internet. Ill see what I can find as far as the directory goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Use this:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363

Click 'change parameters' and check the second box to detect tldfs file system, then run the scan. If it finds anything allow the tool to perform the removal and immediately reboot into safe mode to run malwarebytes again. If it comes back, try combofix. Beware that combofix is a very powerful removal tool and has trashed some people's operating systems (although in a hundred or more times I've used it I've not seen this happen).

Back