• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Contest Time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
So I've got dccontests.com up and running. Everything is in place I think. Validation, rules, stats, winner selection, contest types. Even have it integrated so if you store your fah/eocid/boinc information in your profile it will automatically grab it for you :).

What I'd like to do now though is have a beta test. I'd like to throw up a contest to the public here at ocforums and see how it goes. I'd like to get 10-15 people at minimum. I don't really have any prizes to offer at this time, except maybe a monetary donation toward the winners powerbill. I'm only gonna have the contest run for a week. I'll leave registration open until Wednesday, unless I don't get the amount I want. I was thinking of doing a "chimp points" contest, just for this test.

So how does this sound to everyone? Anyone disapprove (mods)? Or can I go ahead and create the contest and post up?

I have two EVGA GTX285 Superclocked cards sitting here waiting for a new home. They were given to me brand new by a member here several years ago and I've just recently taken them out of service. They were given to me... so I promised if I ever parted with them that they'd be given to a T32'er. Honestly I considered just putting up a thread and picking who got the cards b/c I want them to go to someone on the team who wants them, won't turn around and sell them, and can afford to use them for FAH.

I'm just putting this out there... don't put the cards in the contest hat just yet.

Back