• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master HAF X ATX 942 full tower Custom build w/Liquid Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isogamer

AMD 8350 CPU 64bit overclocked w/ 920 Antec liquid cooling
Adata 8GB DDR3 RAM overclocked with i think a 40mm fan
Geforce 760gtx overclocked w/ 620 Antec liquid cooling
128GB SSD Samsung
1000 WATT Antec Powersupply
DeepCOOL with remote LED light kit

Sorry for the shaky cam, i wasn't in a comfortable position when holding my cam.

If i had to count i think there is about 9 to 10 fans, which shows my low temps.

I know i need to do better wire management, it is a working process. With soo many parts comes many wires. But at the same time at a distance when you zoom out a bit you don't see the messy wires, so it is hidden well enough once you apply the side panel.

Which do you think is the right color to stay with? I am so far liking pure white, and some how orange works too.. :salute:

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,131
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,837
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,674
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,027
  • IMG_1167.JPG
    IMG_1167.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 623
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 727
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 624
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 495
  • IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 502
Last edited:
looks good, just ignore mandrake and do the thing in blue.
what bracket did you use to watercool the 760?

hey, thanks for the comment. Ya i am thinking staying with blue during night time looks at its best.. i am crossed between blue and white, since you don't see white being used as much.

For the 760gtx that i have, i had an option to buy this custom bracket from a PC customization website. But they were going to charge me about 40buks altogether with shipping, which is way to much for a simple package.

So instead i went ahead with this zip tie method, which is just as effective...

white works for me, I'm color blind and don't see red, yellow and green, only blue, some orange and some pinks.

hey ya, i am sort of color blind too.. i somtimes see yellow as green, gray as black, and pink as red... it all depends on the contrast...

looks good, just ignore mandrake and do the thing in blue.
what bracket did you use to watercool the 760?

hey sorry i sent you a wrong link about how i installed a 620 antec cooler on my GPU.

This is the proper link which uses the zip tie method : http://bobtweak.altervista.org/all-...ing_wp_cron=1421197009.7234199047088623046875

the youtube video link i provided shows how the user used a custom bracket which can be very expensive. But i used the zip tie method and works well. I am getting 24c idle and about 45c max when i play BF4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get those wires managed and that would look sweet man! Nice work regardless! :)

Hey thanks for the comment. Yes i am aware of my wire management, but when you start adding controllers and about 10 fans in my pc, the wires can get outta place. Like i mentioned before it is a working process, the reason why i wasn't "on it" right away cause once you add the side panel you can't see all the wires, but since i used my cam to show the inside in details you can see all the wires, but once the side panel is added and you look at a bit of a distance you can't really see the wires.

I will see what else i can do to manage my wires, cause certain wires i am not able to move due to its length. I was afraid that this would increase the inside of my PC heat, but so far my GPU and CPU are at a really low temps as show in the video..

I have also found that nzxt makes a bracket for some of the hotter cards that hold the kraken and antek coolers.

I have also found that nzxt makes a bracket for some of the hotter cards that hold the kraken and antek coolers.

What GPU are you trying to cool? Cause i was going to get a NZXT bracket before i did this zip tie method on my card, but the NZXT bracket was going to conflict with my Geforce installed heatsink.

Get those wires managed and that would look sweet man! Nice work regardless! :)

So i manged out a bit of my wire mess, not sure if you guys can see it, but i cleared it out more, and looks bit more tidy with the cables...

Attachments

• IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 452
  • IMG_1209.JPG
    IMG_1209.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 457
  • IMG_1215.JPG
    IMG_1215.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 435
I am looking to water a 290 and a 7970.
the 290's are just hot and i run a pair of 7970's in cross fire and slot 1 card is (as usual) hot as fire.

I am looking to water a 290 and a 7970.
the 290's are just hot and i run a pair of 7970's in cross fire and slot 1 card is (as usual) hot as fire.

ya the stock cooling fans for pretty much any GPU cards aren't the best. Even if they come with aftermarket cooling fans, in the long run they won't heat your GPU cards properly. Liquid cooling is the way to go.

You can't go wrong with coolermaster liquid cooling or Croshair i think as of right now is really top of their market when it comes to liquid cooling. Just use that zip tie method or if you want buy a bracket to cool your 290, they can run really hot. With liquid cooling your 290 will easily stay around 35c idle

As for your 7970, which is a bit old, might have some issues if you want to buy liquid cooling units since you would need to buy two in order to fit in each of your 7970. Unless you water cool, but thats a whole new ball game. Unless you just want to cool that one 7970 which is running really hot for you, but u might have some issues installing the cooling unit in between your cards..

There are a lot of more than capable aftermarket coolers on GPUs iso... ASUS Strix, MSI Gaming, Galax SOC and HOF, Giga windforce...they will cool your GPUs properly.

As far as top AIO's, The NZXT Kraken and the Nepton series are arguably the best. CM's offerings are also solid. Idle temps do not matter... its load temps. ;)

There are a lot of more than capable aftermarket coolers on GPUs iso... ASUS Strix, MSI Gaming, Galax SOC and HOF, Giga windforce...they will cool your GPUs properly.

As far as top AIO's, The NZXT Kraken and the Nepton series are arguably the best. CM's offerings are also solid. Idle temps do not matter... its load temps. ;)

Sure there are many, but i am talking about non reference cards where the manufacture provides with the aftermarket cooling unit with the GPUs out there. With my experience with many GPUs that were non reference cards in load temps it would always run at 65c to 75c and that with medium fan speed, any lower then 65c you would have to run the fans at 100% ;thus creating lots of sounds. Thats why i strongly recommend liquid cooling, for not only to have a quite cooling system but also make your GPU last longer...

That is what I was talking about too... I even named the aftermarket cards. ;)

Nothing at all wrong with 65-75C load temps. Mfg build those GPUs to withstand such temperatures (and a lot more, they throttle at much higher than that. ;)). The cards will last through their warranty with reference cooling, none the less with aftermarket cooling. They will last through their useful life with stock and aftermarket air cooling. There is no NEED for water. But if you want lower temps, and quieter operation, water would do it, yes.

the 290 is a loud ,ref. cooler, just LOUD.
the 7970 is a gigabyte windforce, it has a growly fan, the asus 7970 dcuii is fine in the lower slot, hella cooler on that monster.

My old Two fan controllers died out, here is a new NZXT Sentry fan controller

My two old fan controllers died out. They were pretty old and controlling my 10fans with those two controllers i guess really stressed out the hardware and it burnt out.

I got a NEW NZXT SENTRY FAN controller does the job of the two fan controllers into one. Looks really cool too!

IMG_1269.JPG IMG_1253.JPG IMG_1251.JPG IMG_1240.JPG IMG_1225.JPG IMG_1234.JPG

Back