• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COOLING MIXTURE...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

awol

Registered
i'm done testing my setup for leaks and so far so good... i'm ready to install it. what mixture should i put in? i don't have any water wetter and couldn't fins any at the stores. so all i'm gonna do is put antifreeze... i also bought some distilled water...

so how much coolant should i add to the water??

thanks.

That all depends on how cold the water/mix is going to be, if the water is cooled well below ambient, use the tables on the back of the antifreeze bottle, if not, and you are using the coolant as a rust inhibitor, I would just drop a cup in with the water.

I agree, if it is not going to be below freezing I would only add a bit for the corrosion protection. Also what is your water block and rad made of? Similar materials? This will also make a differance in the care of the system. Goodluck!!!

robjustice (Jun 22, 2001 08:04 p.m.):
I agree, if it is not going to be below freezing I would only add a bit for the corrosion protection. Also what is your water block and rad made of? Similar materials? This will also make a differance in the care of the system. Goodluck!!!

block and radiator are both aluminum. the only parts that aren't are the pipe fittings...

They are brass right?? I wouldnt worry too much about then , brass and aluminum are not so bad together, that aliitle prestone wont cover ya :)

Back