• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Corsair Launches RMx SHIFT ATX 3.0 PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

featured-corsair1.jpg
Corsair has just launched its latest ATX 3.0 power supply, the RMx SHIFT series. Featuring side-mounted connectors, the RMx SHIFT brings a whole new level of innovation, allowing easy access when mounted in a traditional tower chassis. The RMx SHIFT series PSUs have an 80-Plus Gold rating, ATX 3.0 certification (native 12VHPWR connector) and are available up to 1200 Watts, making them ready for any modern build. Corsair's press release below states immediate availability, but we could not locate any pricing or availability at the time of this article.
Click here to read more!

Back in my day, we didn't need no fancy connector! 12v was 12v! Even in the snow! And we liked it that way!

Honestly how are the RMx supplies these days, quality wise? They're probably the only Corsair PSU I don't know off hand.

Depending on the PSU bay on modern cases, it can be a real pain to plug in extra connectors after install. I think this might start a new trend and it's a great idea.

Back in my day, we didn't need no fancy connector! 12v was 12v! Even in the snow! And we liked it that way!

Honestly how are the RMx supplies these days, quality wise? They're probably the only Corsair PSU I don't know off hand.

From the Reviews I have read they seem to be one of the top PSU's, though these aren't JonnyGuru reviews soooo. I'm still running an RM850 from 2014 plus I've mined on it 24/7 for nearly 2 years straight. Still going strong and relatively quiet.

Depending on the PSU bay on modern cases, it can be a real pain to plug in extra connectors after install. I think this might start a new trend and it's a great idea.

I wholeheartedly agree. There are a few cases out there where the PSU mounts to a plate and then slides in from the rear. That could be a problem, but for 90+% of ATX towers, this should be a great innovation.

...that's why I always added an extra peripherals plug or PCIe plug when installing it. If I get more peripherals or a more powerful GPU, the cords are already there. This thwarts planning ahead, lol.

...that's why I always added an extra peripherals plug or PCIe plug when installing it. If I get more peripherals or a more powerful GPU, the cords are already there. This thwarts planning ahead, lol.

This kinda defeats the purpose of modularity, no? LMAO

:rofl:, indeed. But, it's hidden in a box (where the PSU hides) in the first place... so it's more like if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... does it make a sound? Here though, if the cord is hidden, is really bothersome? :p

...but that's better than not being modular at all. :)

Back