• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crusade to get to 5GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FSBuster said:
Update:
I threw in some Mushkin bh5 pc3500, dropped the multiplier, added heatsinks to the mosfets, did the mobo agp mod, and now I'm up to 299FSB (4.784GHz). This weekend I plan to vmod my power supply, crank up the vcore, and see what that buys me. I also need to spend some time on my x800 pro because I need to do the vddq mod to get my memory speed up.

DAMN :drool: :attn: :drool:

how stable is it? do u think there's anything left in the chip?

if u did a badass cascade system u could get it going at ln2 temperatures 24/7, 5 ghz would be acheivable for sure with that kind of cooling.

UPDATE:
After no luck gettins past 4800MHz, I got a new CPU: a 3.4E (ES, D-step). Setting the multiplier at 17 I'm able to get a FSB of 290 which is 4930MHz. I think my memory is holding me back now, and this Corsair can't go below 1:1 on my mobo, so I've got to get the Mushkin Level2 I borrowed back and give it a go. I think I'm really damn close, and should be at 5GHz soon.
BTW: This system runs HOT!!! With my Mach1, my CPU temp is only -9C idle and +3C under load. I may try to lap the CPU to bring it down a couple of degrees.

FSBuster...bro goodluck to you try to get 5Ghz. Just coole'm n cranke'm.....I got to see this when you reach 5Ghz.......

daaam 70mhz off ... ..

got benches?

would you settle for 294*17=4998,
or would you NEEED 295*17=5015?

If I can get to 294, I'll get to 295, even if it means booting up in my freezer...

Back