• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dawn Of War Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grov

Disabled
Today, while i was playing Dawn Of War, on the 6th campaign, the computer froze, and made a horrible high pitched noise from the speakers, it has done it twice.

Anyone know what it could, it anoying as i got far into the map. :mad:

Oh, just thought id say it's not related to the campaign, i beat it, before i put my 3700+ in and there were no probs.

It's just done it again. :bang head

if your overclocking try going back to stock on proccesro and on grpahics card, when my graphics card died my games would crash alot and sometimes i got beeps form the speakers.

Grov said:
Today, while i was playing Dawn Of War, on the 6th campaign, the computer froze, and made a horrible high pitched noise from the speakers, it has done it twice.

Anyone know what it could, it anoying as i got far into the map. :mad:

I was getting the same error today. Have you had it since then??? It crashed on me twice... The first time I hadn't saved at all... the second time, I was saving pretty frequently, so after the second time, I reloaded it. After that, I saved every 5 minutes or so. I finally got through the mission w/o any other crashes. I did notice that both times it crashed, I had troops up in the top right corner of the map destroying the Eldar base. I'm wondering if there's some sort of glich there...

Hmmmm, dunno where it was, but it wasn't just that mission, so i have no idea.

Maybe an overclock problem?

Grov said:
Hmmmm, dunno where it was, but it wasn't just that mission, so i have no idea.

Maybe an overclock problem?

But you were having the problem w/ stock speeds as well, right??? If you were experiencing the same problems @ stock then I'd be inclined to rule out your oc as a problem. This weekend, I'll do some more testing when I have time. It seemed to happen pretty randomly. The first time it happened, it crashed after ~40 min of strait gameplay. The second time, after about a 10 minute break, I fired the game back up, and it did the same thing after about 15 minutes. It never happened a third time to me. After I loaded up again, for the third time, I played for a good 20-25 minutes to complete the mission... There was no futher instability.

I haven't tested the 7th level yet, or skirmishes yet. The fact that I didn't have stability problems until after I cranked up my fsb and vcore does make me a little leary though.

Good point, it was doing it at stock as well.

Very strange.

I do know DOW had a problem with the 4.10 beta drivers, ive yet to tet it with the officials, but this was just graphic corruption, not crashing.

I'm using Cat 4.9's, and I'm getting it too. I'll do some more testing tomorrow morning or late tonight on mission 7 to see of I'm getting it. I never saw it before I oc'ed, but I have a feeling that I would have seen it either way, oced or not. I haven't experienced any instability in any other games, just this one glich in DOW.

It almost looks to me as if Relic didn't optimize or clean up their code before they launched their game. I read in their forums that if you press the "home" button before you can build a base on the 6th mission, that the game will crash... Doesn't really instill a lot of faith in a dev house when they post crap like that in their own forums. :p

Well, I LAN'ed w/ it today. So far, I've gotten 1 crash and 1 random reboot. I'm wondering if it's an oc related issue. I read in Relic's forums that extra vcore and vdimm may help. For now, I've set my system back to stock to give it a test run. Gonna fire up another LAN game w/ my buds and retest for stability @ stock speeds.

Ive been ok on my last few Skirmish games, using 4.10 cats.

After my reboot, I set my system back to stock speed, and re-hosted another lan game. It was 100% stable this time. I read a post on the Relic forums stating that a guy had the same problems we have been having, and he upped his vcore and vdimm, and that fixed the problem. I stress tested upping my vcore, but the temps I was seeing were making me uncomfortable. So while it's a pain in the ***, I'll probably just end up setting my system back to stock, or lowering the fsb just to play this game, or until Relic can find a workaround.

YellowDart said:
After my reboot, I set my system back to stock speed, and re-hosted another lan game. It was 100% stable this time. I read a post on the Relic forums stating that a guy had the same problems we have been having, and he upped his vcore and vdimm, and that fixed the problem. I stress tested upping my vcore, but the temps I was seeing were making me uncomfortable. So while it's a pain in the ***, I'll probably just end up setting my system back to stock, or lowering the fsb just to play this game, or until Relic can find a workaround.
It might be your o/c on your video card.My xp m2500 is o/ced to 2300mhz
but my 9800xt(cat 4.8)is at stock speeds.The only error I got was the building
2nd base before cutscene in mission 4.Funny thing is I dont remember getting this error on the demo.

sixshot666 said:
It might be your o/c on your video card.My xp m2500 is o/ced to 2300mhz
but my 9800xt(cat 4.8)is at stock speeds.The only error I got was the building
2nd base before cutscene in mission 4.Funny thing is I dont remember getting this error on the demo.

Nah... it was 100% stable @ stock CPU speeds last night. It's ran stable before w/ my oc on my video card too. I'm pretty sure it's a voltage thing. The reboot last night tipped me off. I'm thinking this game might be making my CPU vcore hungry.

Back