• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[DEAD] 5870 for $380 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is this card really that good? From the benchmarks I have read my 4870x2 comes out ahead of it quite a bit or about even, which you can find for $150 less than the MSRP of this one. Only thing you would miss out on is DX11 I guess...

Wow thats a great deal... I would have jumped on this but alas.... I was too late. :rain:

just wait until fermi releases. that 5870 will be 350 bucks and 300 bucks by June.
Not happening...they have no reason to drop prices, not to mention the demand outweighs the supply in a lot of cases..

Is this card really that good? From the benchmarks I have read my 4870x2 comes out ahead of it quite a bit or about even, which you can find for $150 less than the MSRP of this one. Only thing you would miss out on is DX11 I guess...

the 4870 does not do DX11 or for that matter tessellation....

Wow thats a great deal... I would have jumped on this but alas.... I was too late. :rain:

Not happening...they have no reason to drop prices, not to mention the demand outweighs the supply in a lot of cases..

If you say so. You watch man. Prices are going to plummet.

If you say so. You watch man. Prices are going to plummet.

If anything, Prices will probably increase a little bit more, IMO. Nvidia CAN'T lower their prices because of extremely low yields while ATI can do whatever they want with prices. Their cards are clearly superior in terms of Price/Performance, Power-consumption and heat/noise. Also, Demand is SOOO high for their cards at these prices, they have absolutely no reason to lower prices.

Temps, power draw, fan dba, high res fps.

Or how about the fact that one is crossfire and one isn't? Less bugs and guaranteed frame rates instead of random based on each game's crossfire scalability.

Back