• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deel to annouce 2005 and 2405 replacements today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

Dell to annouce 2005 and 2405 replacements today?

According to this article on Dailytech, Dell is supposed to make an announcement today regarding the replacements to the much heralded 2005FPW and 2405FPW. Hopefully these new models will bring something other than just the rumored HDCP support, like a better constructed housing to maybe fix all the backlight bleeding issues that people have with the 2005 atleast.

EDIT: Just found a link on Widescreengaming forums with confirmed specs for these new monitors. Check them out

Last edited:
This is excellent news. I am in the hunt for a new monitor and this may just work out perfectly. Hopefully Dell will continue to put quality and good service into these new replacements.

PWatterson said:
This is excellent news. I am in the hunt for a new monitor and this may just work out perfectly. Hopefully Dell will continue to put quality and good service into these new replacements.

and more coupon codes as well!

I was hoping for more improvements than that. Really its nothing special, definitively not worth the wait and anticipation. The Gateway FPD2185W owns it hands down in pretty much every category.

tranceaddict said:
The Gateway FPD2185W owns it hands down in pretty much every category.

Except the Gateway blows. I've been through:

Samsung 204t - ghosting supreme
Samsung 204b - FAST, viewing angles were kinda lame
2 Gateway 2185's - EXTREME Color wash/shift/fade, black detail lost in the middle
2 Viewsonic 2012 - pixel issues on first, jumpy/flickering issue recently developed on this one. However, this has been my favorite 20 incher so far.
Viewsonice 2025 - SCREEN DOOR EFFECT

So I'm still lookin. I'll be probably be keepin the jumpy 2012 from costco until I can order a 2007/2407. Apparently the NEC for $799's perfect according to a guy on WGF, but for that kind of dough it should be. :p

Jod said:
Except the Gateway blows. I've been through:

Samsung 204t - ghosting supreme
Samsung 204b - FAST, viewing angles were kinda lame
2 Gateway 2185's - EXTREME Color wash/shift/fade, black detail lost in the middle
2 Viewsonic 2012 - pixel issues on first, jumpy/flickering issue recently developed on this one. However, this has been my favorite 20 incher so far.
Viewsonice 2025 - SCREEN DOOR EFFECT

So I'm still lookin. I'll be probably be keepin the jumpy 2012 from costco until I can order a 2007/2407. Apparently the NEC for $799's perfect according to a guy on WGF, but for that kind of dough it should be. :p

I have seen both the 2185w and the 2005fpw in action, and the Gateway is better hands down. It is better looking, has a far better picture, and is larger. However I haven't had any of the problems many people have had with buzzing, darkness, etc., so I can understand why you might not like it if you get one with some of these issues, but I've had mine for 2 weeks now and I'm still in love with it.

Not that the 2005fpw is bad monitor. It's definitely the best bang for the buck monitor going right now, but I don't know if I'd spend over $300 on a monitor without DHCP.

Last edited:
SpaceyWilly said:
Not that the 2005fpw is bad monitor. It's definitely the best bang for the buck monitor going right now, but I don't know if I'd spend over $300 on a monitor without DHCP.

Hey! My Gateway didn't have any ethernet ports!! :rolleyes:

Jod said:
Hey! My Gateway didn't have any ethernet ports!! :rolleyes:

LOL

im in need of a new monitor soon. I will wait for some user reviews of the 2407. by next month, i think it will be that or the gateway.

Mike

Back