• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone else feel like DLC is the worst thing to happen to PC gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hate DLC thats just an unlock code not actually data size even Battlefield 2 so called VIP DLC is a farce its already on the disc.

Im game for DLC, course depending on the game and if Im playing it still. Or even some games I'll wait til DLC comes out and possible get a full bundle deal going on.

Though I have only gotten DLC for Xbox games so far, Forza's, Mass Effect, Boarderlands. I've been tempted with other games but haven't yet. Or even some DLC's I'll just wait for it to go on sale and get it then.

Yes DLC's in most games, 1-2 hours maybe 3 if lucky. Replayability veries.

Its a toss up. Yes you are paying more for a game, and sometimes they are crap, sometimes they are good. Though if the company continues the series of games it helps bridge the gap between it and a true expansion pack or the next title with minimal development time on there part (as in less people involved to get it out).

Both the P and Z expansions will be just as big as WoL. They are also going to be unique in how their single player campaigns move forward the story line. To sum it all up, every race campaign is its own stand alone game.

To bring it into perspective, WoL, by itself, has more content than all three race campaigns of either sc or bw. Each expansion will be just as big. If you play eah campaign with no cheats, it will literaly take you days to complete all three. This isnt just adding a few extra maps in. ;) I will be purchasing all three and thoroughly enjoying each one.

Though I don't think they are considered Expansions. All 3 are full standalone games. Each sharing MP togeather, and 3 full standalone campaings (1 per package). Sadly a very good assumption on it is that they will all be $60.

Last edited:
Of course, greedy corporations. Just another way to squeeze money out of the consumer. I personally don't buy any DLC's.

Back