• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual modems or satalite HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jammw69

something has benn wrong with my internet connection about 2 months. my phone line got hit by lightening twice. the phone company came out and replaced the phone box cause it was all blown up to h--- and back. i called them last nite and told them there was lots of noise in the phone line and they said they fixed it this morning. i was playing a game this morning and it was running better. then this morning after about 3 hours of playing it got crappy again. i think its the phone line from my box out to the road is screwed up. also this morning when i was playing fairly but still wasnt like it used to be. so i have been thinking bout setting up dual modems or shotgun or whatever u wanna call it. would dual modems help me in playing games and downloading stuff faster??or satalite be better?? i heard satalite is not good for playing games. let me know if any of u all had these problems b4 and how u solved them. i can not get dsl or cable where i live. i live in out of town. thanks

Dual modems require two phone lines and two modems. You would have to contact your isp and ask if they would support dual modems. Satalite would be faster for downloading files, but the ping is extreemly high. I would suggest calling your phone company and complaning again about static and get them to fix it.

OK THANKS, i already contacted msn and did research and they said they support dual modems.so all i gotta do is put in another phone and get another modem.

if you've got money to spend i can point you in the direct of a fast 2 way sattelite ISP :) with max DL speeds of 400KB/sec and max UL speeds of 128KB/sec

Back