• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e1200 FSB wall@411, i want past it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

P5Q Pro mobo(p45), OCZ Platinum LV ram ddr2-1110, e1200 CPU, Corsair 400CX psu.
Water cooling, temps at idle are ~30*c, 48-49*c load.

I've tried high mid and low vcore, vtt, pll, ram is running 1:1, 401fsb is totally stable, 411 is stable in windows with no load (load not so much), 412 locks solid instantly.
Vcore has been as high as 1.625(cpuz), pll as high as 1.78, vtt as high as 1.5, NB volts as high as 1.4, SB 1.2, none of them changed the behavior in the slightest.
Tried skipping past it to 418fsb, 420fsb, and 425fsb, none of those worked either.
Also tried 105mhz PCIe, same behavior as 100PCIe.

Anybody have any bright ideas for going further? 3289 is nice, but i'd like more :D

Guide me, please! :salute:

EDIT:
At 6x multi it did 420, very very briefly.

Last edited:
FSB wall will also change from board to board. i never could get my celeron-L 420 past 410mhz fsb no matter what. never tried it on a different board other then my Abit IP35-Pro.

how did it do 420mhz fsb briefly?

You more than doubled your FSB?! That's AMAZING...great job getting as far as you have. I would be more than satisfied with a 100% FSB OC :D

Sorry my post doesn't help you, I was just too impressed not to post something.

Using setFSB to up the fsb in windows, it boots at 406 quite happily, then it gets cranked.
420 crashed after a few seconds at 6x multi. At 8x multi it's an instant crash at anything over 411.4.

This mobo is supposed to be able to do 500 in theory.

105%ish OC, i'm quite happy with it, really. But.... i want more! :D
In a perfect world i'd get out of the .1 point area of hwbot rankings, but i don't think that's going to happen.

I'm sure your mobo can do 500FSB easily, I don't know of a P45 that can't. Your E1200 is definitely reaching its limit, which is MUCH higher than expected.

Looks like 103% stable is all there is,
At least I certainly can't find any more, heh.

Course, i do have this TEC sitting around.....

Back