• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E8700 3.5 GHz, Core 2 Duo goes higher!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol when I typed 8700 I got nothing in the OCF search option, when I typed it in google I got links back to the threads here about it.
Just go to show how old OC Forums search engine is or what ever.

Im sure that the E8700 will be E0 stepping, but does anyone think that Intel may go another stepping higher some stage in the near future?
After all, Intel will be keeping Core 2 for some time yet as far as I know.

So much for all the people who said 775 is dead :D

I'm personally a 775'er for life unless they seriously provide something substantially better at a comparable price. Right now, the "i" series just doesn't do it for me :shrug:

To bad you'll probably pay a huge premium for it :(. Cool that Intel still makes stuff for 775 though! Gives me some hope that there will be an cheap upgrade in a year or so for me!

Maybe E8600 will come down in price. I have been wanting to get one but could not justify the price difference between E8400 and E8600.

To bad you'll probably pay a huge premium for it :(. Cool that Intel still makes stuff for 775 though! Gives me some hope that there will be an cheap upgrade in a year or so for me!

What about Yorkfield? They are releasing low power quads, which will probably be quite cheap too.

Maybe E8600 will come down in price. I have been wanting to get one but could not justify the price difference between E8400 and E8600.

Personally, I'd say an E8600 isn't worth the upgrade from the E8400 you have now. I doubt it's perform any better, especially to justify the price.

Back