• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EA’s Problematic Stance On “Taxing” Gamers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're a better man then me, i still haven't been able to stop replaying the Mass Effect trilogy :D

I'm a poorer man than you. LOL My games are free. There are opportunities to spend money but it's not required. That, and I'm playing for the gameplay, not to win or score points. Sure winning is fun, but playing is fun, too, and losing doesn't take away from that or me. I only got in to gaming because there were certain simulators I wanted to play with and the games they were in were peripheral to my interests. The first game was WoW and that was to have something I could do with my daughter.

But that's exactly why i play ME/WoW, the fun of it (and i don't PvP in either unless i can help it). You know the feeling of finding a new tidbit every time you re-read a book or watch something on TV/movies/whatever ? I get the same thing with ME (especially with modding), seems like i come up with a new scene or info that i never saw before and i'm going through my 8x full completionist replay so far for the 1st 3 games. And WoW... well 14y in and i'm still far from reading all the lore on account of literally having hundreds of thousands of sources inside the game with more being added every patch :rofl:

:thup:
That's the ticket. I started on the free WoW trial and just moved to other free games. I've never spent a dime on gaming-except the $2k I dropped on my rig. LOL

Fortnite, didn't cost me a cent but I'll come right out and say it, it's probably the best cooperative online shooter ever made. That's coming from me, a guy with probably 3000 hours across battlefield titles and a Rocket League Fan who only months ago laughed at the idea taking a 3rd person online shooter seriously. I only got into it for the Cross Play. But if I had to right now, I'd pay $60 for the game. Only for the fact that I hate Epic and their attempt to bring console wars to the PC platform is disgusting.

No other game makes team chatter so relevant, I can play Battlefield for hours and hardly say a peep to my squad mates, and when its over I wont even remember them, but I have FRIENDS in Fortnite, it's a hugely social experience where Squad chatter and cooperation are not only fun, but extremely important for success.

------

I think the gaming industries problem now is that it has become too successful and too lucrative and therefor has become infected with CEO's who's purpose in life is not creativity, but they are rather like bank robbers dreaming about pulling off that next big heist. How can we make the most obscene amount of money without actually earning it?

Last edited:
Back