• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ENERMAX GALAXY 850W SLI POWER SUPPLY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkny10555

So okay i bought for my build the ENERMAX PS-GAL850 EGA850EWL GALAXY 850W SLI POWER SUPPLY and form specs it should run nice and sweet on my box
I got it from a company called " EWIZ " <-- stay away their service and return is the worse i have ever experieced and saw
The first power supply i received has power issues like
1. i power up a game and it will start to beep, so i check the code for the power supply and it says PSU - ON, LED - RED, Two Beeps interval - a. PG Power Good signal abnormal - b. System loading lower than PSU minimum output load requiremnt*.*
LOOK AT MY SIG

Now after a month i get my replacement, i had to pay to ship back to them and they took their time with the RMA process and getting me a power supply back

Now i hooked it all back up
Now i get PSU status - ON, LEC - RED, Buzzer - short beeps
a. PSU Fan fail warning FAN RPM < 450rpm
b. Please turn off the sytem and check the PSU fan
the fan is running on the PSU what the hell is this all about :bang head

ewiz.com suxsssss

now i have to call them and just let them freaking have it..
i dont think at this point i can be calm
i took out all my video cards and tried one by one
i took out all working parts and started from scratch just to make sure
i swapped out my harddrives for other SATA drive, also cables
i even put in extra harddrives to make sure its not that the system is over kill
i went in and did a clean install with Vista Ultimate and Direct X 10 from windows xp still craping dame beeping noise just drives you up the wall
:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

my motherboard has the PSU on the board, fan turns so i know it works and during the beeping the fan is still running so wasup:bang head

i ran it with a pencil holding the reset buzzer for an hour, system did not crash, games played, and i even reloaded it several times but pull off Pencil and Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

Do you have another PSU you can test your board with ?
That sux about the psu porbs I had some not long ago I went through 3 Enermax Libertys before they (the store) gave me this Corsair. Things will get better .

:eek: :eek: i took the power supply apart and found that there is a piece of rubber keeping the rear fan from reading properly, i took care of that and all is resolved but my question is why in gods green earth did i have to open a 275 dollar power supply that i just received and is new to fix something

:eek:

oh well all seems to be working great now..:bang head

Not sure about warranty but at this point i was so ****ed that i had to do this that i dont really want to speak with these guys anymore
I have been at this for a month with this power supply issue
I just want to play BattleField 2 and FRAG :eek:

i have bumped it up to 3.3 <-Prime95 for 8 hours Stable->
In Battlefield 2 i average 90 to 100 FPS at 2560x1600 with everything MAXEDOUT not shabbie not at all :eek:

Back