• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPOX EP-8kta3 NEED QUICK RESPONSE!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jediwizard- I am aware Thunderbirds are Athlons. And this warning did not come from AMD's website, it comes from the Epox product details on www.newegg.com. And no, I don't believe it's a real concern now from reading all the replies. As soon as my epox board arrives I'll pop my tbird in it and confirm that it works fine.

Tom (Mar 10, 2001 01:31 p.m.):
well i have had the 8kta3 for 1 1/2 months now and have had a tbird 650 and 850 in it with no problem and i even figured out how to do a voltage mod on it! im running at 2.16v right now never had a problem! i can run my crappy pc100@145fsb

How do you do the voltage mod on the 8kta3? I am very interested. Anyone with any knowlege on this please reply. Thanks!

I posted a voltage mod 12/03/01 but there's one on the overclockers.com front page by Tom Ozahoski.

I will add though that you only need to use two legs of the potentiometer and that I'm open to questions on it as although it is one of the easier voltage mods - it's not the easiest thing for someone to do if they don't know what they are doing.

The modification has got me past 1Ghz with a poor Duron 700 that would struggle to do 950 at the best of times.

Ive been running a Tbird on a EPOX 8KTa3 with no problems.
As for voltage... it does go past 1.85, ill have to look and see how far, cause I don't really have mine that high.
AKDUDE

I would say AMD took it off there list because they want people to buy mother boards that are made with their chip set .

myself i just ordered a AMD athlon 850mhz and a EP-7KXA Slot A - VIA Apollo KX133 AGPset .. i cant wait for it to come, to see how high i can get it to go.

I believe the reason they took it off their list is because of liability issues. The 8KTA3 is an overclockers board and AMD is looking at the situation as if the boards users might over-overclock too many chips on such a board. I myself love this board and there is no other that I would rather for my 1.2 GIG T-Bird. And if AMD doesn't like me making that T-bird run ar 1.5 GHZ then that is OK with me because I am doinf it anyway.

Back