• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Z68 for $60.00 after MIR w/Free Shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For a SB chip? Sure!
For IB? No.

Be sure you get the 2500K if you want to OC more than ~4%.

I'm fairly sure there were several issues with that board. There was a huge thread on EVGA that I can't seem to find now. If you get a fully working one though, it's a killer deal.

I'm fairly sure there were several issues with that board. There was a huge thread on EVGA that I can't seem to find now. If you get a fully working one though, it's a killer deal.

I did a google search on "EVGA Z68 FTW issues" and came up with some stuff, but nothing consistent.

Also further searched on the EVGA forums: "site:evga.com evga z68 ftw issues"

Bunch of stuff, but nothing consistent to every board to indicate a design/mfg defect. If you could find it before this ships to where I can not cancel it, I would be much grateful!

I did a google search on "EVGA Z68 FTW issues" and came up with some stuff, but nothing consistent.

Also further searched on the EVGA forums: "site:evga.com evga z68 ftw issues"

Bunch of stuff, but nothing consistent to every board to indicate a design/mfg defect. If you could find it before this ships to where I can not cancel it, I would be much grateful!

If that didn't find it, it's probably me being mistaken and getting it confused with a different board. Newegg reviews don't indicate high DOA rates either, seems like a solid deal to me.

Well, live and learn, and you get what you pay for applies here.

I got my Z68 FTW yesterday, and started the installation process at 10PM last night.

Long story short, I was up till 5AM troubleshooting this thing.

Random times it wouldn't even turn on, but would simply spin the fans a couple revolutions and blink all the lights on.

Other times it would boot right up. After much consternation, I finally got Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit installed and then promptly flashed the BIOS to make sure something wasnt corrupted at the factory.

Went to bed at 5AM with Windows continuing to update, and awoke at 9AM to find the computer turned off and it now refuses to post, even after clearing the CMOS and removing the battery.

To say I'm upset is an understatement. Wasted 7 hours on this, now I can either go buy another motherboard, or go back to my AMD mb/CPU and spend another 7 hours reinstalling Windows (1.5 MB DSL) and it's updates while I wait for the RMA, then spend another 7 hours doing it all again.

Poor Q/C EVGA... Poor Q/C.

ASRock is looking pretty good at this point. I'll head over to Microcenter tomorrow and pick one up.

Well, I must say, I should have listened to you to begin with. This MB rocks!!!

I can honestly say I've NEVER had a faster experience with installing Windows and all of the updates. Overclocking to 4.5GhZ was a no brainer, and the surfing while downloading experience is simply phenomenal.

Now, NewEgg's policy on RMAs on close out items is to refund the original purchase price if there is no other inventory in stock. Inventory shows depleted, let's hope they simply refund my money on that POS EVGA board.

Back