• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Exception Faults.. PLS HELP>>>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

For some reason, right now when I try to run Aquamark3, I get an error saying Exception Caught! and a bunch of memory addresses. I just upped the FSB to 175Mhz from 173Mhz. The system ran without a problem at 173Mhz. I tried two different memory setups:

512M Crucial DDR400
2x 256M Generic DDR333

The system is as follows:

Biostar M7VIT Pro KT400 Mobo
Athlon XP 2800+ "Barton" (2187Mhz @ 12.5x175)
512M Crucial DDR400 (running at 350MHz sync w/ FSB)

if you have any other questions about my system, they're in my profile or feel free to ask. I'm going to be checking this thread several times a day. Thanks for your help.

um... I was looking for a slightly more precise answer, dj. When I had my 2400+ in there, I was able to overclock it a total of 12 MHz from 133 to 145MHz. Now, for some reason, I can only overclock a total of 7 MHz from 166 to 173MHz. Why is that? I have more than capable RAM and CPU...

You one thing to a CPu doesnt mean taht you can do the same thing to another CPU. Your 2800 may not be unlocked. You may be able to raise fsb a couple, but not alot

More then likely it's one of two things; you need more Vcore (cpu core voltage) or you need more voltage going to the RAM (or better RAM). From lloking at your sig and profile it says u have either pc2100 or 2700 RAM, if that's correct it may not be good enough to run at those speeds, you could try to loosen the RAM timings as well (ie change the CAS latency from 2 to 2.5 or 3).

Of course you should only up the voltage if you have cooling that can deal with it.

My sig is outdated and might need to be fixed... I am currently, as-I-type-this running a 512MB Crucial brand DDR400 stick. Unfortunately, I am unable to change any voltages because my BIOS SUCKS ! I can't change Vcore or memory voltage. I will try to loosen the CAS a little... Do you really think I should need to do that since it's DDR400 RAM. I mean, it's designed to run at 400MHz and I'm only asking it to do 350Mhz... Anyone?

Back