• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan that displays LED temp readout on the fins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

It's gimmicky as you can get, and it has weak air flow, but check this thing out! LEDs attached to the blades display the temperature, the same as those alarm clocks in Sharper Image that swing to and fro.

Sharkoon's Rainbow fan website
Buy em at CrazyPC for $19, only a dollar for each CFM! ;)

rainbowfantcfull.jpg

rainbowfan_tc1.jpg

fuzzba11 said:
only a dollar for each CFM! ;)

Haha, now that is funny!

Yeah not a bad price for what it does though. I mean you can get alarm clocks like that for about the same price, but do they have a fan? I don't think so....

What is the other number on that? Somehow I doubt its spinning at 7000 rpm
EDIT: nvm it says "COOL"

I need one of those :drool:

So does it expel air in the direction the LEDs are pointing or the other way around? Can you get reverse models? Or does it read both ways? I want one for a rear fan, I want the LEDs to point inward to be readable from the window, and I want it to be an exhaust fan (not that it'll make much difference either way).

Pie-rate said:
I want the LEDs to point inward to be readable from the window, and I want it to be an exhaust fan
I think it works like that, the LEDs readout would be visible from inside.

Ide take one if you could display other things than the temp. When the hell am I ever going to need that? Now if it displayed the time it would be useful! Unless the temp probe is not inside the fan itself.

JT

Back