• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FC2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So how would a 7800GT (1440x900) run this? I'm looking at the benchmarks and they don't include any 7xxx or ATI x1xxx cards, so any ideas?

Last edited:
Dang it! There goes my hope of running 1920x1200 with a single 4870. Looks like I'll have to pick up a 2nd one...

So how would a 7800GT (1440x900) run this? I'm looking at the benchmarks and they don't include any 7xxx or ATI x1xxx cards, so any ideas?
My guess would be it should run fine on about medium or high settings. All those benchmarks were done on very high at higher resolution with eye candy on, so I think you could have a good experience at slightly lower settings. Keep in mind that this game will run on consoles so the 7800GT should be fine.

^ I don't think its nearly as taxing as Crysis (based off this ONE review), but you'll still probably need top end hardware to smoothly run it fully maxed at 19x12.

I have been watching all the trailers for this game and it does look great and almost seems to have a GTA type scheme going to it. I am not sure if the game will run smooth or not but if the game is as good as it's hyped to be it will be a good reason to go 260 GTX. :D

Far Cry 2 DX10.1 Support ATI Hotfix here

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=38664

article of it here

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9992&Itemid=1

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):

- Far Cry 2

- Radeon™ HD 4800 series
- Radeon™ HD 4600 series
- Radeon™ HD 3800 series
- Radeon™ HD 3600 series
- Radeon™ HD 3400 series
- Radeon™ HD 2900 series
- Radeon™ HD 2600 series
- Radeon™ HD 2400 series
- Radeon™ X1950 series
- Radeon™ X1900 series
- Radeon™ X1800 series
- Radeon™ X1650 series
- Radeon™ X1600 series

- Windows Vista 32-bit Edition
- Windows Vista 64-bit Edition
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

- This Hotfix improves performance for the DirectX 9 version of Far Cry 2 on CrossFire™ compatible systems.
- This Hotfix also improves performance for the DirectX 10 version of Far Cry 2 on both single and CrossFire™ compatible systems.

From the new videos at IGN, the gameplay seems to be almost the same as Crysis. Just no aliens or nanosuit. But obviously there's going to be more to it that hasn't been shown. The new Dunia engine running much better than CryEngine2 is a very good improvement though, but I can't tell how it looks visually until I run it on my system... blurry online videos don't do it justice.

ok im confused now..... on some of their videos they were saying this was going to be a pc exclusive and i see pre orders for the xbox 360 all over the place wtf????

i guess so.... if you look at the date that vid was added it was back in jan so i guess thats more than enough time to port it to consoles?

i guess i see why they did it now they have a way larger market i just hope they still made it look alot better for pc

Back