• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fdisk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topweb99

Registered
I really hate to ask this really dumb question...but I was wondering how to boot into an a:/ prompt with Windows xp,I have always used windows 98 or ME which was very easy.
Sorry for the dumb question and thanks
Rich

I just use any old boot disk I find laying around. For some reason, the ME one always works the best (though the OS sucks).
I also built a couple disks from Dos 6.2.2 that give me a really clean boot.

You could get all crazy and try hitting different Fx keys until you found the right one....

I use old os boot disks to do my fdisk in xp...but I get the feeling one day im gonna be doing it and someone is gonna give me a look of disgust and ask why arent I doing *<insert XP method here>*

When I neeed to boot from a floppy I use a *God disk*. It contains about 40 cd rom drivers so u can get access to the cd from dos. You can find it just by searching on Google. Hope this helped

Back