• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally my Mousepad Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Um, yes, crash, I realize that. I was trying to be sorta funny. Obviously that point was missed. But, yeah, I don't know anyone who used an optical mouse pad for a glow pad, which is a sort of unique twist to it.

lolz ok:D

Actually, to be totally fair, he didn't QUITE exactly copy my idea. :D I'm planning on using a 3M Precise Optical Mousing Surface for mine. Though I may end up having to put a regular mouse pad under it to keep the light from shining through.

i think it'd be cool as hell to make some flashers, and use those to controll a variety of colors flashing at random. at gideontech, under the liquor case mod, theres a guide to a random flasher. or some simple 555 flashers.... i think i might do this with a paralell port VU meter thing..... i still need to make that....

Well I decided to do mine off a replaceable 9volt cause I didn't want to take my first dive into electric mods by nuking my system.. whcih is good since the first time I wired it up I had it in a closed loop and the battery got toasty real quick... I don't wanna think what would have happened if I had shorted my system

did you ever resolve the toasty 9v battery problem?.... also, how long does it last or are you on your first battery still?...cool mod by the way :D

I have that mousepad!!!:p
and...
I HAD that gel pad thing for your wrist. But everytime I had a friend over they picked at it and finally it busted open and started oozing out gell stuff. :cry:

Oh well, the mouse pad still is sweet, and with leds im sure its even better. Goodwork man.

hey, thats a bad *** mouse pad, but..... did anyone else notice that he has a wireless mouse, and his mouse PAD has a wire? lol just thought it was kinda ironic. lol nice mod, man!

very cool pad mate.
it has a soothing blue glow in the dark which makes it even cooler while watching a dvd in a dark room.

thats awesome. I would do that if i had a better mouse pad and some more time =). A quick question tho does anyone else have problems with optical mice on reflective surfaces or is it just my mouse?

I would do this, but I don't even use a mouse pad. I have a logitech dual optical, and it works fine on the wood surface of my desk. It's not glossy or anything, so that doesn't present a problem.

Back