• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars 2010 Team Roster (Winter Wars)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go get a pond pump, magdrive3 works fine and isn't too expensive.
Skip the rad and just get a five gallon bucket. Toss some antifreeze/water in there followed by a lot of ice (i'm tempted to try 70/30 antifreeze/water and toss dice in).
Bigger bucket allows more ice, of course.

You'll need at least two of the small sized ice sacks.

I'm very tempted to get a coolance v2 quick-shipped here for weekend two of FW. Don't really have the $170+shipping though :(

For 2-3 day shipping I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted 30-40 for shipping for the speed and weight. So it would end up costing $200ish I bet. Def not in my price range. I have thought about that kind of water cooling before. I have multiple 5 gallon buckets around for when I brew beer.

Bite the bullet got a Koolance coming my way will be here monday, so i will beable to keep the big rig intact. Koolance will be for the clarkbar

Yeah, I'll be pretty interested in how you like it. Also keep notes on how it is when you first use it for us looking at getting it as our first pot.

Thanks ;)

It's nice because when i'm OCing i don't even have to think twice about temps, so mostly limited by hardware rather than heat :)

If temps aren't a problem then you aren't using enough volts. ;)

Although I think those pesky i7s run out of steam around 1.5 or so...

If temps aren't a problem then you aren't using enough volts. ;)

Although I think those pesky i7s run out of steam around 1.5 or so...

Haha, true enough! :)

lol, I didn't see the fine print until I quoted this!

I suppose you're right although I have seen them in the 1.6-1.7 range too.. and at the moment i'm limited by my motherboard which is really disappointing :(

Yeah, I'll be pretty interested in how you like it. Also keep notes on how it is when you first use it for us looking at getting it as our first pot.

It is my first pot (got one coming tuesday :D), i'll keep notes and post a thread, if not an article, on how it is.

Haha, true enough! :)

lol, I didn't see the fine print until I quoted this!

I suppose you're right although I have seen them in the 1.6-1.7 range too.. and at the moment i'm limited by my motherboard which is really disappointing :(

I'd have to check but I would be surprised if your mobo wasn't capable of 225 bclk. If you can't hit 4.7 then its your chip, or temps, or ram. What are your v for vcore, qpi/vtt, dramv ? Have you tried increasing your pcie freq?

I'd have to check but I would be surprised if your mobo wasn't capable of 225 bclk. If you can't hit 4.7 then its your chip, or temps, or ram. What are your v for vcore, qpi/vtt, dramv ? Have you tried increasing your pcie freq?

a) I've tried overclocking with a reduced multi, and still no luck passing the BCLK wall i've hit

b) definitely not my temps.. 4.34 OC idling at 34C full load 70C

c) quite possibly my RAM, i have OCZ gold 1600 and they're not on my QVL, and i have always thought they might be blocking me somehow...

d) i've tried vcore up to 1.45, qpi up to 1.4, and dramv up to 1.64

e) I have tried increasing PCIE up to 110, no luck either

:shrug:

I suspect the ram, personally.
Only because the only OCZ gold i've touched wouldn't OC even 2mhz.

I suspect the ram, personally.
Only because the only OCZ gold i've touched wouldn't OC even 2mhz.

you and me both... i can't even get them to run at their rated speeds... highest i can get without a crash is 1333.. -.-

Also, me changing my RAM at this point is not allowed right for the war? But what if it's just a different brand of ram rated at the same frequencies and timings as what I have right now?

Is ram a spec item?

Would it be a downgrade to buy 1600 ram that actually worked?
Seems like if the timings and freq were the same it'd be ok. That's just me though.

Is ram a spec item?

Would it be a downgrade to buy 1600 ram that actually worked?
Seems like if the timings and freq were the same it'd be ok. That's just me though.

Well I'll wait to see if any of the other guys, and hopefully Dean has a definitive answer.. because I bought myself a 6GB kit of Corsair Dominator 1600 MHz that i'm going to have by weekend after this one.. it's actually on my QVL and i hear that it OCs nicely... Let's hope it's alright.. :D

If it makes a difference, when I submitted my stock score my RAM only read 3x2GB DDR3 PC3-12800, without any specified vendor...

I have some ocz ram that will do 2150:clap: and its rated at 1600

Ok, have to work tomorrow so this weekend will run the 3 rigs under the ss. But next weekend will be a 4 day weekend for me! Planning to go thru 60 liters of nitro!

Ok, have to work tomorrow so this weekend will run the 3 rigs under the ss. But next weekend will be a 4 day weekend for me! Planning to go thru 60 liters of nitro!

I am sure the rest of us will have our tongues hanging out slobbering all over your results. Make sure you dont do the same as it may be disastrous for your personal health, brings new meaning to tongue in cheek. hehe, be careful.

Back