• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED frio or jing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

which do you recommend ? i saw the review on tweaktown for both, and they both seem to have the same temps,however jing with lower noise
my friends "insist" that the frio is better, but i just wanna check in with you guys :)
also, does anyone know if a Y connector is included with the jing or frio? so i can use one header for both fans?

Assume you mean the Frio OCK.
If so, I recommend reading the last couple pages of my review at funkykit.com

Short version: Frio OCK will damage some motherboards.

Regular Frio I have no experience with.
I would look at other review sites that use a CPU for generating the heat as well. Those may or may not be more useful.

I have used the regular frio and it fits and works fine and was one of the best coolers I tested out of 6 different coolers.

just checked a few other websites, frio seems superior by 6-10C difference, i don't know why tweaktown had the same results, but jing has 20dba less noise! i think i might go with frio

Tweaktown uses a synthetic heatload, I believe from a TEC. As such the heat is much more spread out than if it came off a tiny CPU die through a thin copper spreader.

Back