• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx 8350 overheating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TagTeam

Registered
I have an h100i on my 8350. Worked great for about a month. Now CPU temps are pushing 80c. Radiator looks clean. Can see light through coils. And 1 line on the cooler is hot and the other is cold. Fans are working great. Good airflow. And corsair link says the pumps running fine. I'm out of ideas on what to try. Does anyone have any thoughts

Last edited:
Do a physical inspection of the pump. Be sure you can hear or feel it running.

Check for leaks. examine closely cause the fans can dry the liquid pretty fast.

Re-seat the water block with some new TIM perhaps.

If there is anything in the rad, flow will slow and temps will go up. One line will be hot and the other cool. Both lines should be close to the same temp at least while the cpu is idle.

Im not seeing any leaks. I vacuumed my radiotor to make sure it was good and clear. works a little better. I can feel the pump running. This problem seemed to start after corsairlink glitched on me and i uninstalled and reinstalled it. Its uninstalled now and it The pump LED and fan settings are still performing as though corsair link is running. Could the software be causing this problem? Also Asrock extreme tuner is reporting 70c but corsair link and core temp reports 50's. AMD overdrive matches Asrock extreme tuner. Could it be a sensor error? The hose from the pump feels hot but not 70c hot. Thats almost scalding and it doesnt burn at all. And the pump itself feels cooler than the hose. It is a closed loop cooler and i dont see how something would get in the radiator. But is it is faulty should i talk to newegg or corsair about getting it replaced?

One suggestion. With all that monitoring/tweaking etc. software installed they could be throwing each other off!
I would suggest uninstalling all of it and usinf HWMonitor (free)

Ya it comes from the CPUid guys. Here :shrug:
This contains the exe for 64 or 32 bit

If you will go dig around in the water cooling section you will find a thread or two about crud being found in all in one units, they all seem to say it was working fine, and then it wasn't.
I ghetto rigged my 920 all in one unit to get the rad out of the case and while i had it apart cleaned it out and found a little of the brown crud.

You'd think they'd sell you something that worked eh C_D?

at least clean them out.
one guy has pictures that show all the channels on the plate full of this crud.

WOW, that certainly makes you wonder. Guess I've been lucky so far!! :chair:

It certainly is unfortunate that manufacturing these days is so focused on immediate profits that the end user becomes a secondary consideration. :rain:

Back