• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 Memory Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Testing a new kit on my 3570K/Giga z77x-ud5h combo... at first it was kind of a "PIA" with out much success until I finally tried the 2666 multi and then everything seemed to jibe and start working. :shrug:

default 1.65v dram:

Attachments

• i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz DDR3 2666.png
    i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz DDR3 2666.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 47
Are the Samsung based (30nm) ic usually single sided when they are used for the smaller capacity 4gb dimms and double sided in 8gb dimms? Aren't Hynix ic >30nm and make for double sided sticks in the 4gb dimm size?

At least TridentX 2400 based on Samsung are mixed from what I saw on forums. 2400 8GB are on single and double sided modules. This kit is most popular so it's easier to check what others are posting. Not many users are buying 2600+ because of high price so it's also much harder to check what is inside.
Except 8GB kits, all other should be double sided.
I believe that all new Hynix IC are also 30nm but I'm not 100% sure. Probably all that I saw were double sided sticks. I have 2 hynix 2x4GB kits at home now and both are double sided. My TridentX/Samsung 2400 2x4GB are single sided.

Testing a new kit on my 3570K/Giga z77x-ud5h combo... at first it was kind of a "PIA" with out much success until I finally tried the 2666 multi and then everything seemed to jibe and start working. :shrug:

default 1.65v dram:

Nice sticks, what is it ?

Back