• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward or PNY?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AgEnT0140 said:
what is the diff between the Radeon 8500LE and retail? the 8500LE is only $119 shipped :eek: is it worse than retail?

holy cow! where did you find that...that is an AMAZING DEAL....the LE is clocked at 250/250 whereas Retail is clocked at 275/275...doesnt matter though, for that price....

refurb on newegg, i'm gona try and grab it up right now! the chipset info on it said it was clocked at 275... maybe newegg error, i'm off to buy! :D :cool:

AgEnT0140 said:
refurb on newegg, i'm gona try and grab it up right now! the chipset info on it said it was clocked at 275... maybe newegg error, i'm off to buy! :D :cool:

go! go! go!...dont let someone get to it before you!

AgEnT0140 said:
it says core is at 230mhz in description but 275 in chipset window... o well. still faster than a gf2 TI200!

yeah...my friend got one from there he said he got the core to like 280 and the mem to 260 or something like that

AgEnT0140 said:
it says core is at 230mhz in description but 275 in chipset window... o well. still faster than a gf2 TI200!

be sure to keep us updated once you get it! BTW Sweet Avatar;)

AgEnT0140 said:
I just ordered one of those babies, hopefully it will get here by monday or tuesday. Does coolbits work on ATI as well?

no. Coolbits is strictly an nVidia thing. For ATI i believe powerstrip and RivaTuner are the preferred programs but I know there are others, maybe better, ones out there.

Ok it's Radeon Tweaker. RivaTuner's actually for nvidia as well. Sorry just got confused for a minute. Sorry about that, can't keep the names straight;)

Rivatuner. Tried some of the others and either had problems with the drivers (27.70) or did not have the functionality. If you are using one of the earlier drivers then I hear nvmax is a good one.

And "Welcome to the Forums".:D

Do remember when you push really hard that you are well beyond the designers specs and well........there is some risk involved.

Back