• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game playing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NitroMaster

Registered
Is there any way you can play a game without having to use the CD? I have a game that doesn't like to read all the time, So it'd be much simpler if I could just pull it off the HDD.

Steam!

I find games now days that require the CD most just use it for installation then verify online or have like official patches that remove the need to pop the cd in every time. If your not on a internet connection and you cant verify online, then I don't know...

If you don't want to use Steam download Alcohol 120% (there's a free trial but the full version is cheap enough that you won't want to download it through another method)

Use it to create images of your CD's/DVD's and when you want to play the game just mount said image and your computer will think you have an extra disk drive with that disk in.

If you don't want to use Steam download Alcohol 120% (there's a free trial but the full version is cheap enough that you won't want to download it through another method)

Use it to create images of your CD's/DVD's and when you want to play the game just mount said image and your computer will think you have an extra disk drive with that disk in.

I willl post a 10x better one once I get home... first off use daemon tools light to mount the iso you are speaking off. When I get home ill grab the link of the iso maker. its less then 1 mb in size less then 100kb i think and can make isos in under a minute

SPAMMER/BOT/DOUCHEBAG/SCAMMER :thup::clap:

Just say "spam reported" so we know if you did.. I just reported it (again?) which may or may not have doubled the amount of admin overhead that guy generated..

edit: Oh yeah, might not want to call someone a douchebag, it's still against the rules, even if he's a spammer.. I should know, I got a warning once for drawing a lovely picture of the prophet for a muslim spammer.

Just say "spam reported" so we know if you did.. I just reported it (again?) which may or may not have doubled the amount of admin overhead that guy generated..

edit: Oh yeah, might not want to call someone a douchebag, it's still against the rules, even if he's a spammer.. I should know, I got a warning once for drawing a lovely picture of the prophet for a muslim spammer.
;)

Thanx guys :thup:

Even if you aren't sure it was reported, go ahead and report it to make sure. It hardly adds any extra work.

Back