• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 7 7900 on March 9/06 (90nm G71)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PerlAddict said:
1920 x 1200 all the way, baby! :D I use it every day. I cranked up the settings on my 2 x 7800GTs the other day in COD2 (admittedly I'm only using 1GB of ram and haven't OC'd anything on this new rig yet), and that suckered crawled. Zooming to snipe was like 5 FPS at times. lol. Even City of Heroes was down in the low teens at times with all the settings cranked, and MMO's typically aren't as rough on frame rates as FPS games. 20+ FPS usually looks pretty smooth for CoH.

So I guess I'm just gonna have to cough up some more dough and get 2 x 7900GTX's, because I want those pretty little effects maxed out as best I can.

I don't know what I'll ever do if I buy the 30" LCD. Sell my house so I afford video cards, probably. Hehe.
You can sell your soul and buy everything if you want... :D

1900x1200 is so hot... I love it. :)

perl...you can always run the 30" LCD of 2560x1600 at 1280x800 and it won't look like it's out of native res....I'd say screw upgrading to 7900GTX's and get the 30" dell! Same cost and you end up with that 30" LCD!

Joeteck said:
The average gamer probably stays within 1024x768 to 1280x1024.

This truly would make a nice poll. I've been using 1280 since the 6800GT. Then 1600 with 2 GTX. Now I've seen the light and I'm all Widescreen @ 1680x1050.

Honestly, if someone here goes and buys a non widescreen monitor after...hmm...right now...I'm gonna cry...a lot. :eh?: :eh?:

Why do you think they would refuse to give out pricing information? This is information that they had already made available for the early hours of release day. Also, they informed me that they would be posting the prices today; I noticed that this has been stated many times by other members. The day is not over, however I suspect that this will not occur. I also remember at least one other member who stated that he was told that prices could not be released until next week. This situation still seems funny to me; of course I hope that I am mistaken.

EDIT: I don't game at less than 1600 x 1200.

flamerail said:
Here is what nvidia is thinking about ATI *snip*

my x1900xt i paid $475 for at 705/1700 on stock cooler says the same right back + better IQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Rattle said:
my x1900xt i paid $475 for at 705/1700 on stock cooler says the same right back + better IQ
How high do you think the x1900xt can go on a vf900?

I was referring to the vf900, which should be on display at cebit right now.

Rattle said:
I know exactly what your referring to, probably will perform the same

It better not!! Cause my x1900's driving me insane!

(relevancy to this thread: all you who buy the nv card can laugh at Jod.) :santa: :santa:

I Just looked at eVGA's website...they have the MSRP posted for the vanilla 7900 GTX EGS @ $499

So at least that's good! They stuck to Nvidias reference. And the Superclock is still listed as "Call" So perhaps they are trying to get an idea of the market value of that card.

From every picture I've seen the EGS and the Superclock have the EXACT SAME heatsink on it. This tells me that the smart person would just spend $499 and get the EGS and overclock it themselves. (BTW I'm a smart person because that's what I did :) :) I entered my Stepup today for 2 GTX EGS's ..and I'm #85 and #86 in Queue so hopefully I get them sometime SOON!)

One thing that stinks is that my original plan was to buy the 7800 GTX and then stepup to, hopefully, the 7900 GTX and I got lucky and it came out....but now i overpaid! I spent $560 on each 7800 GTX KO edition card thinking that I would still have to pay more into the next generation...and here they turn around and lower the prices! Darn them! I just wasted $100

Yes, I noticed the prices listed as well for the standard models. jivetrky maybe you should go with the super clock edition since you paid $560 per card, or maybe just get one of each edition and you can be a standard to superclocked oc potential direct comparison guinea pig? Why does everyone claim ATI = better IQ? Maybe someone can substantiate this...? I haven't owned ATI since 9800 pro so I have not been able to make direct comparisons.

well the only thing is that I don't want to pay anything out of pocket (besides the required shipping) so if the superclock is more than $560 then my fiance will spank me.

so when is it expected for these puppys to drop in price?, i wanted to have an extra $300 to play with after buliding a new system and the way its penciling out now i will only have $250.

i keep hearing 2 to 3 weeks but damnit man! mabe i should just buy a cheepo refurbed PCIexpress card

ZGOZZ said:
So who is got the new 7900?

I do :)

Only got a chance to run a couple tests before work though (where i am currently).

eVGA 7900GTX EGS stock did 21353 in 3DMark03 and 66fps in F.E.A.R. @ 1280x960 with max settings (soft shadows off though).

Should get sick or something so I can go home and play with it some more :)

I got mine and the fram rate in BF2 have doubled for me.
Plus the frame rates in Pro 5 and 6 have gained a doubled...

So over all this card rocks...

Back