• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce II GTS Pro 64MB or Kyro II 64MB???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys and gals,

I have a Celeron 800@1100 MHz right now( soon I'll hopefully have a 1GHz P3), 256MB CL2 PC133 Infineon RAM, Abit BF6 Board(Intel BX-Chipset) and a Hercules 3D Prophet 2 MX (5,5 ns RAM) and I now wnat to upgrade my Video Card. My question:

Should I buy a Geforce II 64 MB with HW T&L because of the low CPU power or a Kyro II 64MB without HW T&L. What card would give me better performance in games like Max Payne, Quake 3, Soldier of Fortune, NFS Porsche, NFS Motor City........

Both cards also feature a TV-OUT because I want to view DVD on my TV and the price difference is about 25$.

So what are your opinions, please help me!

THX!

Ingo

I would get the GF2 GTS Pro 64mb...its a really nice card,...perfect for gaming...the 64 mb will give you high Frame Rates...and its a ok card to overclock....

If you want raw power, then get the GTS.

But if you are curious about new technologies (much like me), then get the Kyro and see what you can squeeze out of it.

well, with a celly i would get the gf2pro, but if you are planning to get an athlon or a p4 the kyroII starts looking attractive.....

Celemine1Gig said:
Hi guys and gals,

I have a Celeron 800@1100 MHz right now( soon I'll hopefully have a 1GHz P3), 256MB CL2 PC133 Infineon RAM, Abit BF6 Board(Intel BX-Chipset) and a Hercules 3D Prophet 2 MX (5,5 ns RAM) and I now wnat to upgrade my Video Card. My question:

Should I buy a Geforce II 64 MB with HW T&L because of the low CPU power or a Kyro II 64MB without HW T&L. What card would give me better performance in games like Max Payne, Quake 3, Soldier of Fortune, NFS Porsche, NFS Motor City........

Both cards also feature a TV-OUT because I want to view DVD on my TV and the price difference is about 25$.

So what are your opinions, please help me!

THX!

Ingo

I don´t ´know about Max Payne, But Quake 3, NFS Porsche, Unreal Tournament Black and White etc. run great on my Kyro II, very good image quality and fast , too

The only bad thing about the Kyro II is, that it overclocks very badly, without the voltage mod

Back