• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

globalwin wbk-38 mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirtoby

do you reckon that I could buy a fan adapter (60-80mm) and a 80mm fan for the wbk.. kind of tired of the noise and I'd want something a bit more quiet and a fan that pushes a bit more cfm.. so I was thinking about a 80x80 Globalwin fan..

so what I wondered is if a fan adapter is a good solution?

oh, and if it'd work to put it there as the wbk doesn't use screws for attaching the fan.. it uses some metal clip .. but I guess this clip could be used for a fan adapter as well?

If you can't buy a fan adapter shroud that'll do the job, maybe you could make one? a bit of thin sheet brass. soldered together and lugs with holes drilled in for the fans should do the job and it wouldn't be too complicated a project. Plus you could make it a little taller than a commercialy available adapter, and get just what you want instead of the compromise you might make when buying one. Try looking at peoples posts on fan shrouds to get an idea maybe?

Back