• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU For RTX Minecraft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haider

Hi,

My daughter wants to play RTX Minecraft. She plays Roblox too and a few other games nothing strenuous...

Her PC: -
Core i7-4930K 6C/12T
Noctua ND-H15
Inno 3D iChill Air Boss X3 GTX 1070
Enermax 650W PSU
Micron 32GB DDR Ram
Samsung 870 EVO SSD 1TB
Toshiba HDD 2TB
Define R5 case
MS Designer Keyboard & Mouse
Windows 10
AOC Gaming CQ32G2SE QHD 165Hz Freesync Premium

What kind of card should I get her? I have no knowledge the power RTX Minecraft requires. I'm thinking an RTX 4060TI 16GB or 4070 12GB. Would AMD be better as their drivers have lower CPU utilisation?

Thanks
Haider

Last edited:
amd still struggles with RT big time. with that game i can not really say, i do not see it being used in reviews. considering its low demand on the GPU even at 4k. there is a chance you could get decent performance on a amd card but to play it safe i would go NV. now 4060Ti vs 4070 is just how much you want to spend since the 4070 is going to be better at RT. then again its minecraft, even with RT on it is not using large size textures. its still more like Snes or N64 type looking textures.

I did poke around, this seems to be the best i can find with NV RTX4k cards in it
also do not forget you can use DLSS and from some reading. since minecraft is using blocky textures, quality will not go down or much at all with DLSS on. since that is a 1440p the only bench they did is with ultra settings, kind of disappointing. here again though use DLSS but if she will not be able to tell a difference use medium settings at 1440p. never having any interest in the game, its shocking that they would do RT for it.

amd still struggles with RT big time. with that game i can not really say, i do not see it being used in reviews. considering its low demand on the GPU even at 4k. there is a chance you could get decent performance on a amd card but to play it safe i would go NV. now 4060Ti vs 4070 is just how much you want to spend since the 4070 is going to be better at RT. then again its minecraft, even with RT on it is not using large size textures. its still more like Snes or N64 type looking textures.

I did poke around, this seems to be the best i can find with NV RTX4k cards in it
also do not forget you can use DLSS and from some reading. since minecraft is using blocky textures, quality will not go down or much at all with DLSS on. since that is a 1440p the only bench they did is with ultra settings, kind of disappointing. here again though use DLSS but if she will not be able to tell a difference use medium settings at 1440p. never having any interest in the game, its shocking that they would do RT for it.

The game actually gains quite a bit of visual fidelity with RTX stuff, the glowing textures and lighting looks far better than stock. My kids occasionally have me play with them so I put as many higher res textures as I could and it doesn't look too shabby.

I think a 4060ti would likely be perfectly fine for the game.

Back