• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half-Life 2: Aftermath

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^ very true
I can't WAIT for this. More HL2 content :drool:

I prefer a box as well, but this is an expansion and I got my HL2 box so I don't mind downloading it on Steam. Wonder if they will allow preloading before the release like they did with HL2, I would guess they would.

Phoenix87 said:
Maybe they will fill the expansion with a little more substance this time? Answer some basic questions like;

....what exactly happend at the end of HL2?

Is it bad when you ask how a game ends, after you just finished playing it. A lot of people, me included, thought the ending of HL2 was rushed.

But that was a beautiful marketing move by Valve, they left everyone wanting more. And now everyone will be foaming at the mouth for it when it comes out. I just hope that the expansion pack is not on the same 10 year schedule that they used with HL2.

Phoenix87 said:
Maybe they will fill the expansion with a little more substance this time? Answer some basic questions like;

where was freeman for the past few years?
who is the g-man?
what exactly happend at the end of HL2?

From a bit of reading online, I gather that Freeman has been suspended in time, similiar to how you were when you teleported out of Nova Prospect. G-Man is one of the members of an interglactic resistance group against the combine, he has taken on a human form, but is an alien, hence his strange speech. His briefcase could be his method of transportation. He now handles your contracts, as after HL1 you were deemed worthy, and now you are a mercenary, available for hire whether you like it or not. At the end of HL2, you had completed your task of starting the liberation of Earth from the Combine, and so were put back into suspension, ready for your next job. No idea how Alyx survives for the expansion though.

Don't forget the theory that G-Man is also a future Gordon, but then again I dont really pay much attention to it. I just enjoy the game :p

whitebloodcell said:
From a bit of reading online, I gather that Freeman has been suspended in time, similiar to how you were when you teleported out of Nova Prospect. G-Man is one of the members of an interglactic resistance group against the combine, he has taken on a human form, but is an alien, hence his strange speech. His briefcase could be his method of transportation. He now handles your contracts, as after HL1 you were deemed worthy, and now you are a mercenary, available for hire whether you like it or not. At the end of HL2, you had completed your task of starting the liberation of Earth from the Combine, and so were put back into suspension, ready for your next job. No idea how Alyx survives for the expansion though.
Isnt that just one guy's theory on the story of HL? You shouldnt need to go read stuff online understand the story.

I just dont get why people go crazy over this game. It was a MAJOR letdown for all the insane hype it got.

It is one of the generally accpeted theories. I read online as I didnt play the first one and wanted to find out what happened, and in the process read about HL2 aswell. I find the story interesting and there is alot of information missing from the games that I wanted to know.

HL2 was one of the best games Ive ever played. It has its problems, such as the car and boat sequences taking way too long. But the enjoyment I get out of the game from the moment you get the Antlions is unmatched.

whitebloodcell said:
It is one of the generally accpeted theories. I read online as I didnt play the first one and wanted to find out what happened, and in the process read about HL2 aswell. I find the story interesting and there is alot of information missing from the games that I wanted to know.

HL2 was one of the best games Ive ever played. It has its problems, such as the car and boat sequences taking way too long. But the enjoyment I get out of the game from the moment you get the Antlions is unmatched.

Alot more interesting than the train ride sequence of the original HL
:p

That incredibly long airboat mission really made me upset. I mean come on people, that was just no fun at all. Hopefully no more of that in the expansion.

Slackfumasta said:
I would have liked to see less boat/buggy riding, and a bit more ***-kicking and name-taking, a la DooM :)

Please God no doom3... much easier to be bored in doom3 than in the boat ride on hl2. yeah the boat ride was long but it was easy to appreciate all the coding that went into those levels. doom3 is just bland.

Back