• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half-Life 2: Episode One. Any trainers that don't crash the game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Niku-Sama said:
you know i have noticed that episode one just crashes as is, i dont think its any trainers causing it.

the hell is wrong with the game to cause such crashing oi!?

yours keeps crashing? Come to think of it, I remember a certain part where it would keep crashing, and I just had to stop doing what I was doing.

It was near the end and I was helping get people on the train. Each time I got a group safely there I would follow them to the end and get me some ammo, and I would do this with every group. I forget which group it was but after said group was safe, I would follow them back, and grab the ammo, and that is when it would freeze. And it did it EVERY TIME! I don't know what was wrong with it, but I had to just do a quick impulse 101 to get some ammo and decided to just leave it. After I came back with the next group I decided to try and get the ammo again, this time it was fine, no freezing :shrug:

It was weird, but this trainer is DEFINITELY the cause of the crashes of which I speak. The reason I know it is the trainer is because the game crashes the second I turn on one of the cheats :(

well lets see, steam crashed updating the game, it crases in game in episode one and HL2 DM and Lost Coast is jittery right after load but doesent crash, now no other game i have crashes and i dont have HL2 just Episode One.

i dont know what the deal is.

lost coast though is pretty cool Average 112FPS in the stress test is pretty cool

wow, I've never had any problems like those...I guess I'm just lucky.

redrumy3 said:
why not use sv_cheats 1 in console and than
buddha 1 -god mode
impulse 101 -all weapons and ammo

Well those aren't fun enough. The god mode works ok, but the impulse only gives ammo and weapons, not infinate ammo. And even infinate ammo has to be infinate ammo with no reload or else I can spray the hell out of everyone :beer:

those cheats are more of the make beating the game easier type cheats. I'm looking for the make the game easier, and crazier type cheats :)

I beat it regular all the way through and then went through the game again with the blue gravity gun. HAHAHAH all I gotta say is that they should have given us that gun waaaay before the citadale. You can really rip through the game in a hurry just with that one weapon.

FastRedPonyCar said:
I beat it regular all the way through and then went through the game again with the blue gravity gun. HAHAHAH all I gotta say is that they should have given us that gun waaaay before the citadale. You can really rip through the game in a hurry just with that one weapon.

I thought the blue gravity gun wasn't attached to the regular weapons list, but a part of the map...:confused: I remember reading about how you couldn't use the blue gravity gun because it was special and attached to the one map

I would LOVE to be able to use the blue gun, I mean, you can change the guns physics settings, but the one thing I don't think you can do is make it able to pick up NPCs.

Niku-Sama said:
ohhh this is too funny. i came back to this thread and i clicked on the steam powered link and i get a steam error...the kicker is STEAM WASNT ON! it wasnt even in the processes list...i got a screen of it...

http://webpages.charter.net/niku_sama/untitled.JPG

it just popped up out of no where, its timing is funny though
WHOOO!!! One of my posts is in that picture :beer:

Haha, that's just hilarious :p

Interesting side note; I just switched from an Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX to an ATI Radeon X1900 GT and I can't get episode one to load any levels! :bang head The main menu map loads, but nothing else does...it's really annoying, and will eventually reach the level of ****ing me off.

soundfx4 said:
I thought the blue gravity gun wasn't attached to the regular weapons list, but a part of the map...:confused: I remember reading about how you couldn't use the blue gravity gun because it was special and attached to the one map

I would LOVE to be able to use the blue gun, I mean, you can change the guns physics settings, but the one thing I don't think you can do is make it able to pick up NPCs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/code/914642.html

Scroll down near the bottom of the page.

Ok, well it's the catalyst control center that is causing HL2 episode one to crash. I just uninstalled it and now the game works fine. I'm off to the ATI video card section to ask some ATI questions :)

Back