• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone done the WireWrap mod for increasing XP voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well the link is not working for me but i havent heard of a wire wrap for increasing the voltage on any xp's what u might have seen is the trick for unlockeing the lower multis on tbreds higher then 2100+ but in any case u should be able to select up to 1.85v on most mobo's and some even higher so a wire wrap for it isnt really nessasary espicialy if u dont have some really good cooling

I would personally go for whatever is easiest for you, when you mod the chip, whatever warranty you had is void if you do that to a chip it only affects that particular CPU. I would suggest trying the wire thing if you're 100% sure you're putting the wires in the correct pin-holes

Yeah, I would recommend modding the bridges, instead of wire wrapping. To many things that can go wrong with wire wrapping...

BTW, you can pop the bridges open, using 5V supplied from a PSU. It will blow the bridge below the surface and you won't even be able to see that it's been cut. If you ever need to reconnect, you just paint it closed, like regular bridging, ony there is no pit to fill.

I know the Tbred is the Model 8. Is the Palomino the Model 6? You should be able to verify this using CPU-Z or WCPUID.

If it is the Model 6, then Here is the AMD website link showing the voltage pins. See Chapter 11.

edit: Sorry it is Chapter 10.

Last edited:
equalizr, it appears that the Voltage Pins are defined the same for the Tbred and the Palomino (in terms of which VID[#] pin needs to be connected to VSS to generate a certain voltage). I did not compare the actual pin layouts to verify whether the pins are in the same location. I would expect that they are in the same location, but you definitely should verify this per the AMD website link posted above.

I've done the wire wrap a few times. I have it done currently with my setup. It's real easy, just make sure you pay attention to the correct holes to place the wires in.

Back