• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having problem installing a game.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

Hello all.

I am trying to install Need for Speed Hot persuit from a DVD Disc. During the install and copying files and a window pop up like this. Saying a corrupted file and can not be continue. The DVD Disc is like new. I upload a screen shot here. Can anyone tell me what can I do to correct this problem. Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.7 KB · Views: 55

Tír na nÓg

Old/Scratched DVD?

Can't you download the game from Steam?

Edit: you could copy the DVD content on a folder (it might read the "hard to read" file after several attempts), install it from there and play with the DVD in the drive.

OP
BruceUSA

BruceUSA

Old/Scratched DVD?

The DVD Disc is like new. I purchased it new and used it to install the game a few times and put it back to the original case/box. I look at the DVD Disc and it looks scratch free.
I am having a bad day..... I tried to login EA steam to download the game there. But WTF it say I enter the wrong password. After a few attempts and still failed. I Click forget password, enter my email. I expected to receive a password reset link. But no email came. not in the spam folder, not any where. ANy way. I went on ebay and bought a used copy for $3.75 ship. It is only DVD Disc. No code or box etc. That is fine for me because all I want is the dam software to install it.

- - - Updated - - -

Could also be the copy protection acting up :(

I don't know. But a used copy is on the way. Hopefully I am able to install the game.

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
Have you tried navigating to the DVD in Explorer, right clicking the Setup file & selecting Run as Admin?

OP
BruceUSA

BruceUSA

Have you tried navigating to the DVD in Explorer, right clicking the Setup file & selecting Run as Admin?

You are da man... Your suggestion work. Thank you very much everyone for helping me got the game installed. :)

Alaric

Although this wasn't the problem, if someone has a scratched CD or DVD I have used CD Recovery Toolbox Free with good results. If you have a favorite CD for the car that's developed glitches, or the kids have been a little hard on a favorite DVD, it does some good things. I've saved a lot of discs just by using that utility and burning a new one. Everybody still has a 5.25" bay with a burner in it, right? :) I have also accidentally been able to save some copy protected discs that way. :D It can be found here http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/cd_recovery_toolbox_free.html