• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDTV capture card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Randyman... said:
I'm a TiVo fanboy! What can I say? After paying $100 for my TiVo (HD model is more I'm sure) with 2 tuners AND free installation (THey will even INCLUDE a switch if you don't already have one!), it REALLY makes spending around $100 or more on JUST a capture card seem like a waste IMO. The 144Hour mod was easy, and I have a dedicated hardware PVR that never misses a beat, AND can record 2 different shows while watching a 3rd! No extra boxes or "IR Repeaters" needed, as the TiVo HAS the tuners built in!

It's YOUR PC, and your system resources and HD space. Dedicate this to another machine, or share duties... Your call... I can still do intense apps WHILE watching TiVo!

Just trying to remind you how cool TiVo's are and the advantages of dedicated devices for this duty (IMO)... Big time Fan boy here! :)

Later :cool:

iunno all this convincing i might look into the HD model. i'll wait til theres a few more HDTV capture cards out though. thanks

Boomstick said:
I say get another Tivo. There only $80 at Bestbuy and I heard $50 at Circuit City but cant confirm (maybe after price match?). I loved mine so much I went out and bought another. And they are pretty easy to upgrade as Randy was hinting at.

i work at bestbuy so it should even be cheaper but i never intended on getting another tivo. if earlier in this thread i said i parted with it but it doesn't mean i won't get it back. i just don't know when i'll get it back and buying another one would be blah.

checked froogle and the hdtv wonder is on sale right now. the cheapest i found is $170. this includes the card, remote, and antenna. sort of expensive. will ati be selling a model with just the card only?

Back