• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hell has frozen over (the 2008 NBA games)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

Granted, a lot of times demos are quite different from the actual game, but I downloaded both 360 demos for NBA 2K8 and NBA LIVE 2K8 and have to say that for the first time since 2KSports put out a basketball game, I like LIVE better. Live looks and feels WAAAAAAAY more polished this year than 2K8, in fact last year's LIVE was total crap. It seems like 2K may be developing EA syndrome because 2K8 seemed just like the same game it has always been but with a little graphics tweaking. Maybe EA FINALLY decided to get their **** together since 2KSports has been beating them in NBA and NHL sales lately.

Yeah you've completely lost your mind. But that seems pretty normal :p

NBA Live 2008 is one of the WORST sports games I ever played. I deleted the demo almost immediately. By contrast I can't stop playing 2k8

I haven't played a basketball game since... the NES (HOOPS!), but I'm with rainless. Every 2k series sports game has trumped every corresponding EA game that I've played (I mainly play NHL and I have one NFL game).

Yeah you've completely lost your mind. But that seems pretty normal :p

NBA Live 2008 is one of the WORST sports games I ever played. I deleted the demo almost immediately. By contrast I can't stop playing 2k8

Are you 100% sure you didn't download LIVE 2007 by mistake?

Are you 100% sure you didn't download LIVE 2007 by mistake?

The demo starts like this:

You've got one Basketball player, and they let you try all the new moves and stuff on an open court. Then you pick from some limited teams and the game is underway. I believe that's it... but the game is deplorable... to me at least. I only played it once and I was disgusted. I deleted it immediately. Maybe I was just tired or something. I'll set it to download again right now and get back to you... but there's no question NBA 2k8 is ON.

Back