• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HL2 offer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

The HL2 coupon leads to an offer to download or receive a disc of other games until HL2 is released. I was just going to download until I saw that Stream (I think) installs a client on the PC which allows some sort of instant messaging. I figured I'd ask here about that.

I'm sort of gunshy about allowing clients on my PC. I don't do any online gaming at the moment (unlikely to change since I don't have time for it). Is it ok to download these games and then uninstall that client? Is it better to just order the disc?

well no need to worry about it cuase hL2 is comming out in april no way to dl it now

No, the other games. This is the offer:

For our customers who purchase a qualifying RADEON™ based graphics card that includes the Half-Life® 2 offer and activate their STEAM account before Half-Life® 2 is available at retail, Valve and ATI have added the Valve Premier Pack FREE, which includes the games: Half-Life, Counter Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force and Ricochet. This is a limited time bonus offer that expires once Half-Life® 2 is available

I don't know if I want a STEAM account. I figure that someone must have gone through this and know what it all means.

If you're not planning on playing the games online, you should order the cd. It's easier faster (yes faster) and much less a pain in the ...

I'll doa quick ninja thread jack and throw a quick question - does the HL2 offer need to be specified on the video card's box?

I *recently* (2-3 weeks ago) purchased my BBA 9800 PRO, and am wondering if my receipt, and customer number is good for a free copy of HL2 as well - or if it is only for buyers of the XT cards.

I heard rumours that ATi would make it good for everyone.

Past that, I would order the disc if I were you.

I ordered a 9800 Pro from best buy about a month ago and on their website they had a rebate for HL2 free if you bought a 9800 Pro. That might be a bestbuy only thing though. You might try calling ATI and asking about it.

resoluteK said:
I'm pretty certain the HL2 offer is only applies to the XT's - the ones that package the actual HL2 card.

There were several packages mentioned on the site with mine (9600Pro AllinWonder) being one of them. I didn't see just the 9600 or 9600xx. Just this one.

Back