• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Horrible AVI Performance with MPC (Media Player Classic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

As we all know, MPC is a very fine program, capable of playing just about anything, except almost all of my .AVI files. Now, one would think, 'Hey! This might be a video or codec problem!' Well it isnt since WMP and VLC both play these files like champs with no problem.

Everything else out there, like DVD's, .Vobs, etc. All run fantastic on MPC, yet almost every single AVI runs like trash.

Any clue as to why? Perhaps I borked a setting?

What exactly does "runs like trash" mean?

MPC does use specific internal filters that can cause different playback results from WMP, VLC, and others, so it would help to know what the difference is.

What exactly does "runs like trash" mean?

MPC does use specific internal filters that can cause different playback results from WMP, VLC, and others, so it would help to know what the difference is.

Good point, I guess I should have elaborated on that more.

Basiclly it would run very choppy, sometimes speeding up to catch up at some intervals, and then other times it would go very slow. All the while the audio is doing just fine in the background.

Go into the Options > Playback > Output and try setting some of the Directshow Video to a different renderer. I use VMR9, but if set to System Default, it could be anything. If using VMR, you may need to adjust the additional settings provided on the same settings page.

Back