• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I promote folding so that I get permission to install on school computers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

How can I promote folding so that I get permission to install on school computers?

If anyone has had experience in this field, I would love your help. I need details to make folding sound extremely juicy. I am at a local community college who I believe just bought all these computers at the beginning of this school year. They are all Windows XP Pentium4 2.8GHz. I would say that is a hella great speed for folding. These computers are primarily used to word processing and browsing the web. Here is how the comptuers are set up:

We have 55 of these machines running in the main part
and 3 classrooms with about 25 of these computers each.

On a rough guess, that would be 130 2.8GHz P4 comptuers folding. Approx. 364GHz folding for team 32! That sounds like one great deal to me.

I don't mind if these all fold for their own username instead of mine. I just want to use wasted clock cycles to help Team 32 and the entire medical field.

These comptuers do not run 24/7, but the main ones run about 10/6 or so...I'm not sure how long the others run...probably about 3/5...not much, but it would still help a lot.

If anyone would like to help me create a nice letter that I would be able to present in person on nice paper, and tell me some great things that I could use to hook them on the idea, please help. GO TEAM 32!!!

There are 3 or 4 letters that individuals have written here floating around in this section. You may want to check a few pages back and you will find one.

yeah man i should try that with my highschool ill ask my sister for help since she is like the king(BLAH) always helping i hope u can fold all that,good luck

Back