• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i clean out my oil cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

everx

Registered
Well i just got my oil cooler today and i was wondering how you other guys managed to clean out your oil cooler, i flush water through mine and it looks all clear.. but if i let it sit on its side and then dump whatever watever was still inside a good amount of oil still comes out. So i was just wondering if any of you have any tips on cleaning one out.
Thanks

I suggest using heating or power paraffin. Make sure that the residues of the paraffin are all removed.

Welcome to the forums!

Carburetor cleaner in the spray can, that stuff will blast oil and dirt out very well. Make sure neither tube end is pointed at you or stuff you like...that gunk will 'jet' out the opposite tube, it's best to cover the openings with a loose shop rag, so you don't get hosed. This stuff will damage your eyes too.
Use dishsoap and hot water to rinse it clean.

This is meant to be done outside, it can get pretty messy. Don't clean it on the grass, or perty concrete either.

Back