• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cant win

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

I have been having stabilty probs with my puter and I am trying to pinpoint them, so I went back to stock speeds :mad: Well, I when I went into the BIOS my temps are the same if not a degree warmer. Being I dopped the voltage and the FSB its only logical that the temps would go down. I even cut a new 80mm exhaust fan into the to of the case. HELP!

I am running memtest as we speak, and as far as the ps goes I have no idea. I dont have any tools to test either.

The temp difference is likely due to differences in room temp (rooms often change temp considerably if they are remote from the thermostat).

What are your temps?

Back off your ram timings.

What are your rails at?

I.M.O.G. said:
The temp difference is likely due to differences in room temp (rooms often change temp considerably if they are remote from the thermostat).

What are your temps?

Back off your ram timings.

What are your rails at?

Temps are 45Idle and I havent primed so I dont know load temps. My ram timings were 6-2-2-5 or something to that affect and know that it is back to stock they are terrible. I just glanced but it was 8-3-?. They were bad. As far as rails go, I have no idea what that is. Memory is not my area of expertise so I cant help you with that. Maybe you could help me by explaining that.

Sorry, didn't think before writing that... voltage rails, what kind of power is your PSU supplying on the 5v 3.3v and 12v lines?

Run prime so we know if its a temp problem.

Hope that helps.

Ran memtest and about 22 hours and not a single error. After that I completely uninstalled/reinstalled mbm5 and prime95. mbm5 says I am at 41c (pretty decent) and now I going to run prime for a while and see if there are any errors. I am doing this at stock speeds just to see if everything is stable there. I guess my next question is, do you guys think I should run memtest after I start clocking it back up again or should I feel pretty confifent that my ram is good? and how long should I run prime on torture test, and what is the password thing all about?

The password 9876 on Prime95 lets you choose affinity/priority options for torture tests.....

Im running prime right now and so far temps are staying aroud 47-48c and no errors up to this point. Hw long do you think I should run this. And in what increments do you guys usually bump up the fsb and do you think I should retest everything after going up in speed?

Back