• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Got Ripped Off!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I,m going to throw out a thought here you mention paint and sleeving...is it possible that you might have so much reflecte bright color going on in there that IT the yellow and brighter colors may be washing out the visual effect?
the dye is not as bright as those other colors. Yellow is on the higher visible end of the spectrum. I do know in my box I have the blue uv rounded cables and they make my water look a bit dimmer cause they are brighter.
Jeff

no i have the system out side of my case, im still filling and bleeding(testing phase) , i just took out one of the uv cathodes and put it next to my wc setup

Neel if this may be the problem perhaps I should send you a brighter color like yellow or the orange which is kind of hot pink anyway. Perhaps the contrast would stand out more for you.

If you are saying that you have made sure that there is nothing other than water and the dye and no ambient room light (white light) present just uv black light and it never glowed at all??? if this is the case all I can do is send you some more or refund your purchase as I mentioned I have sold 200+ of these and never heard this yet. I am not giving up but will sleep on it tonight and check back with you in AM

that kinda happened to me. had a orange uv fan, as soon as i added it to my setup, it turned bright orange, and my greenish coolant didn't react in the area i put it.
i think u just put too much water wetter, anyone know whats in water wetter? i can do some investigating..

oh one last thought tonight. What kind of tube is it vynal, Tygon? perhaps the tube has some sort of uv inhibitor such as would be used outdoors.

Do me a favor, take a glass of tap water in a clear glass and waste a few drops of dye I will send you some more anyway IT MUST GLOW!

i just put 4 drops in a 1/2 a cup of water and i got a slight glow. i can't tell if its a glow or im just seeing the blue color since its so deep. i only saw this hint of glow when i put the cup directly on to the uv cathode and only that side was glowing. i am going to add a couple of more drops and see if it glows more. will the invisble uv blue be more reactive/ a brighter glow than the visble one?? if so then can you send me that one instead, otherwise the visble blue will do.

thanks for all the help
will keep you updated

no it won't. blue (in all cases) will not be brighter then colors like yellow, green, orange, ect. its the law of lightwaves, blue takes a lot more energy.
i believe 4 drops for 1/2 cup is tooooo much.
4 drops for maybe ur whole set up (2cups?) would glow nice
try getting a full cup, add ONE drop at a time and check it with a uv light, this will get u the maximum brightness.

wait? this is the wildfire dye from ebay? yeah i bought it too, if you used white paper and put a drop on the paper, then youll see some glow, other than that? it makes good blue water dye. i was going to use the stuff, but then i checked it out, with treated water etc... it just did not glow, the bottle doesnt glow either, and dont say its cus im using a blue cathode, um no, its uv alright, b/c all my other uv stuff glows..

i tried going from 1 drop in a 5 gallon bucket (with the uv stick/cathode in the tub (halfwal of course didnt want to shock myself) to nearly having the water a thick thick blue, the dye would glow almost immediately for a few seconds but once it became unconcentrated it just refused to glow...

as far as i know, they are not, and my question to jeff was the would the visbile blue glow uv brighter than the clear blue uv dye?? i know that other colors will be brighter than blue
-also i have no clue why the dye fades almost completely away within a couple of hours
thanks

i bought the deep blue dye off ebay from the same guy just recently im not sure if it works im waiting on assembling my new case which is being held up by a lack of a pump relay but when i get around to doing it i will yell you if it works neel

The Blues

Neel I have sent you one each of the clear and blue in the mail today.
Unfortunately as we have discussed it is not the brightest of the colors.
also understand that the actual waveleangth of cold cathods vary greatly and must match the waveleangth of the reflective suface. I too did some mixing today to be certain the blue did not deteriorate with age or something.

I took a bottled water with 2 drops in white light it was like Windex as far as transparency> This glows best when within close proximity to the uv light and best with transmitted light (from behind not reflected) I also have a known true sylvania black light flourescent tube 12" that simply explodes all of my uv reflective stuff but again it has to be positioned to highlite the areas I want to glow. This color of light gets cut by resistance easily. if you dye to a dark blue it will not transmit through at all. The windex like mix will alow some through also light, unlike heat travels in straight lines it will not reflect and radiate so much. This stuff is not ailien blood it abides by all the laws of physics. Like many things under diff. conditions diff. results

thank you so much Jeff, but i still can't figure out why the dye keeps fading away
i read somewhere that it may be getting stuck at the bottam tanks of my dtek heatercore
is this possible and has it happened to anyone b4??

thanks

lilneel12 said:
thank you so much Jeff, but i still can't figure out why the dye keeps fading away
i read somewhere that it may be getting stuck at the bottam tanks of my dtek heatercore
is this possible and has it happened to anyone b4??

thanks

stuck? thats not possible..
going to the bottom of a tank with no flow, thats understandable.
a little of my dye (NOT ALL) goes to the bottom of my reservoir, as soon as i start up the pump, it all mixes again.

Back