• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I heard from my Senator...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razorface

I got the first response from the three letters I sent to my 'representatives' concerning funding for the Arecibo telescope. This one is from Thad Cochran (R).

Dear Mr. Taylor:

Thank you for your recent correspondence expressing your support for funding for the Arecibo Observatory.
The bill to provide for National Science Foundation and National Aeronautics and Space Administration utilization of the Arecibo Observatory, S. 2862, has been referred to the Senate Committee on Health, Educational, Labor and Pensions. This legislation ensures that the Arecibo Observatory is fully funded to continue its research. Please be assured should this or similar legislation come before the full Senate I will keep your views closely in mind.
I appreciate you taking the time to write.
Sincerely, Thad Cochran, US Senator.

Sooo, I guess this bill has to get through that subcommittee first. Health, education, labor and pensions! Whats left? War and sex?

Anybody else got a response yet?

Back