• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 750 stable @ 4.2, but issues when adding pci-e FW card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goldenaustin

i5 750 stable @ 4.2, can't post after adding pci-e FW card

I'm looking for help with my i5 750. I've been running fine at 4.2 stable and cool, able to run Prime95, linx, etc. However, last night, I tried to install a PCI-e firewire card into my Gigabyte p55-ud3r in the x1 slot, but can't get it to post at anything over around 3.4. When I restart after making my bios changes, it keeps defaulting to 2.8 as a failsafe (I guess) and never able to get past this unless I drop down to 3.4. Not sure what values you need to assist, but they're pretty much standard voltage settings, ie. 1.3Vcore, etc. Gigabyte p55-ud3r board with latest F3 bios. I'll try running it in the open x16 slot to see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
yes, i tried locking the pci-e frequency at 100Mhz, but that didn't help. Just to clarify, without the pci-e firewire card in, I'm able to run a cool and stable 4.2 just fine. With the card in, I realized today that I can't get past 166 for the bclk. It's a Gigabyte ga-p55-ud3r with F3 firmware. I also verified, that when I move it up a tick to 167, then I get the standard bios overclocking/voltage error at startup, and won't post. I bring it back down to 166 and it's fine. Turbo is on, so my multiplier is 21. Any other clues? Maybe somehow I can keep the pci-e locked at 166? Does this issue even make sense?

Back