• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-920 Finally Found a Golden one!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone want to help me get more out of mine?

I have i7 920 C0/C1
MSI X58 SLI PLAT.
Corsair ddr3 pc12800 3 gig
xfx geforce 9800gtx+ 512mb
CoolerMaster v10
thermaltake vh6000bws
right now i'm at 108 no more than 140 F clocked to 4.001(cpu z reports 4.2)

33xeq8n.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated

Anyone want to help me get more out of mine?

I have i7 920 C0/C1
MSI X58 SLI PLAT.
Corsair ddr3 pc12800 3 gig
xfx geforce 9800gtx+ 512mb
CoolerMaster v10
thermaltake vh6000bws
right now i'm at 108 no more than 140 F clocked to 4.001(cpu z reports 4.2)

33xeq8n.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated

What are temps like? You could try raising the vcore to 1.4V. What clock speed do you want? 1.4V+ is where things start to really heat up. Water is probably better. I think either a cpu-z bug or turbo boost is on :p so it is 4.2Ghz. How long stable is that on linx/p95?
What is QPI voltage / speed?

What are temps like? You could try raising the vcore to 1.4V. What clock speed do you want? 1.4V+ is where things start to really heat up. Water is probably better. I think either a cpu-z bug or turbo boost is on :p so it is 4.2Ghz. How long stable is that on linx/p95?
What is QPI voltage / speed?
Yeah i wanna know because i cant break 3.8ghz on my board with my crappy Batch 3836B C0

Since that chip has passed plaid speeds. [yeah spaceballs reference]
I am curious what bandwidth that setup is making available. Stock the i7 produces something like 25.6GB/s. If you passed 40GB/s. I would soil my pants. Even at 35GB/s, that would make my jaw drop.

Heh, yeah looks like peeps achieving beyond ludicrous speed these days :beer:

Maybe a new class, preposterous speed :)

Not that it's applicable to the thread, but had always heard was a spaceballs 2 in the works, guess it crapped out :p

Last edited:
Temps are in the lower right.

99-108 idle with just web

118-135 with cs4 and other small stuff open

I want fast and might be going with water mid summer or fall time!

Thank you for all of the courteous responses guys! I just ordered another D0 from Brolloks! SO this would make 5 total 920's, 3 in my possession. 2 D0's and one C0. I am a crazy man! Results coming so keep posted.

What do you do with them?

I have only sold 1 C0 so far in the classies. I am so happy with the ease of having a low voltage- 4.2 24/7 air overclock that I plan on keeping 1 D0 for my bench rig, and 1 D0 for my office rig. That means I will be selling 1 920-D0 in about 1 week or so. Check the classies.

Dom

I have to admit as well that I love mine so much I would like to get a second for my gf as well, wish the 32nm 6 cores would come out this Q and not a year from now. >.<

Back