• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBUYPOWER...BUYER BEWARE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

renol

Apparently, this company is known to be behind. However, I've only seen it as long as 3 weeks. Given that it is after Christmas rush you'd think they be up to speed again. I've been calling them because they had switched a video card for me last week. However, they apparently are out of stock and decided to tell me yesterday about it. I even offered to buy the card a step up and asked if they could swing me a deal. That one wasn't even available either. Now these aren't the cheap cards, they are 5850 and 5870 ati's so they just came out. Still, if you're a company building a computer then you need to have enough of everything. They didn't decide to tell me this till I called 7-8 times this week and had one of their reps inquiry over it. I'm just wondering if anyone else here has ordered from them before and if it's still worth the wait. Some people on their forums have had problems from damaged parts to missing parts to not screwing or seating parts.

I'm considering Directron.com which is a BBB A+ company or cyberpower. Possibly even going to newegg.

I have had no issues of the like with Ibuypower in my 2 orders I have placed with them last year. Im sorry you are having these issues about notification, but they are simply out of stock on that card it seems. I dont get why people have minor issues like these and feel the need to post all about it, especially when, as you wrote, you knew they were known to be behind and you still ordered. I hope you get your cards soon or just cancel the order and get them from newegg as they have both been in stock for weeks straight now.

EDIT: You are not going to build yourself??

It isn't the matter that they were behind, it's the matter that they were out of it when I requested it and kept telling me it would be sent out different days this week by different people. They told me it was in there, on Monday and said I'd get it Thursday. I called yesterday and asked why it hasn't been sent and this woman told me I don't know why it's stuck in QC. So she put in an inquiry and a man called me back and said it's not in there they were out of it. This is after I spoke to 6 people in CS saying it was in there. My order has assembly complete already posted on 1/8 and it's suppose to be in QC but I'm guessing it's not and someone just put assembly complete so CS got all screwed up when telling me about it.

Mistakes happen. Sorry to hear about that man. Hopefully you get it soon, or just say F it, cancel, and get it from newegg and build it yourself and likely a lot cheaper. :)

Yeah, was going to do that if they can't get it next week. Like I realize it's a high end card but it's also been more than 30+ days since I ordered. I mean if it was something cheap like $20 I could sweat it but this is eating my CC. I'm more afraid of that they will rush it when they get it and skip the QC since it's been sitting there. Also afraid they may never get the part and my money is just sitting there. They are cheaper than newegg but at this point it may have been worth building it myself.

I would canel immediately and order from newegg. Seriously.

Why is it eating your credit card? Are they stopping you from paying? I dont understand that comment.

Since it's been over a month, the purchase interest hit the card and also took up space (my credit). So I'd have to wait for a refund before I can do newegg or whatever. I should have done newegg because they're so much more reliable and I'd have a better chance of having a working product.

Back