• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium G3258 stock voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kantelon

Hello guys, (at the beginning sorry for my english language) today i open CPU-Z cause i want to overclock my G3258 and I noticed a voltage is up 1.744 V, i think it isn't normall. What shall i do now?
Screenshot below.
SHU_Amq7ga.png

That's your CPU Input Voltage, not your vCore, what does HWMonitor show?

Can you post the whole window, not just the snippet, please?

On the motherboard voltages, CPU VCORE is what you want to watch for your CPU core voltage. What heatsink are you using?
Does your BIOS on the MSI B85M-G43 have overclocking options for the G3258?

Heatsink you mean a cpu cooler? :/ (SilentumPC Fera 2).
I don't know i must check BIOS if it's important.

@Edit
Ok now i'm in bios, in OC section CPU ratio is on auto and i can't change it.
BIOS Version E7823IMS V3.9

@Edit2
image.jpg

Last edited:
Does pressing + or - allow you to change from Auto on the CPU Ratio?

Also, this is a forum, not a chat support for a manufacturer.
Please give us time to reply (typically we say ~24hrs) before bumping again.

+ and - gives nothing, i try everything but still nothing, maybe it's problem with bios version?
Okay sorry for that i will remember.
@forget that all, now i can change CPU ratio :D What shall i do now?

Last edited:
Now you test. Use something like Intel XTU (a stress test) to test the overclock stability.
Start by upping the multiplier and then testing.
If it passes, up the multiplier again.
If it fails, up the vCore and test again.
Go until your temps are approaching 85°C or vCore is approaching 1.4V.

I personally would not push more than 1.3 volts vcore for a daily overclock on the devil's canyon platform chips.

I personally would not push more than 1.3 volts vcore for a daily overclock on the devil's canyon platform chips.

I ran my [email protected] with no problem (Water cooled and de-lidded, so no temp issue with a 75c on max load on the hotter core).

I think would not push to 1.4 for daily use, but I would not worry up to 1.35v with Haswell.

so how BIOS OC section should look, i must change CPU ratio and CPU Core Voltage? only this?

Okey guys, i think i made it, 4,4 GHz, 1,225 V on stress with 76C, temp is good or i should change it to 4,2 GHz?
Screenshot below.
SHU_yMyPy6.png

Looks good to me, now you need to test it for a few hours to make sure you're actually stable.

I don't mean to hijack but my vcore shows 1.760 in HWMonitor but CPU-Z says core voltage is at 1.198. Maybe my board isn't supported? Running prime95 for 2 hours with no issues. Any ideas?

Its under VCORE. I'm running an Asus Z87-A. Under the G3258 section of HWMonitor it shows a VID of 1.198

Back